26 members of congress urge BSA to end their discriminatory policies

Let me put it one last way:

In my community, we have had Christmas parades, 4th of July pardes, Veterans Day parades, and fire dept day parades.

Not at one time did we have a straight persons parade. We never had a minority parde, We never had an athiest parade, nor any other parade that singled out an one group of people based on their personal beliefs.

If gays want to have that parde..fine by me, but they woukld be the first to bring their personal-ness to a non personal level!

Maybe that's the biggesr problem!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it an issue of "church and state" when government supports us but 26 congressmen sticking their noses in BSA business is a good idea?

Kinda a bit of having your cake and eating it too... Don't they have real work to do?

Baloo...

Why should folks read their Bible, or worry about your concept of "sin"?

You're a Christian (I'm guessing by your post) by the accident of your birth of being born in a Christian household. Were you born in a Jewish family, you would be a Jew. Were you born in India, a Hindu, in any Arabic country, a Muslim. Were you born an 8th century Viking you would be worshipping Odin and Thor; or, were a member of an ancient Greek City state, no doubt Zuess, or Athena. Our prejudices, and bigotries, likes, and dislikes, loves and hates, who's religion is in, and who's religion is out are always defined by the culture we belong to.

Now, where the Bible fails, is in biology. This so called "sin" is actually the result of low levels of testosterone during the fetal stage. In the beginning, we are all females, takes testosterone to make the switch to males. Not enough, one may look male but in reality be female.

I personally don't care if a leader is gay. Why?

My pack doesn't teach heterosexual scouting.

We don't teach gay scouting.

Matter of fact, we leave sex out of our program completely!

We don't teach democratic scouting.

We don't teach republican scouting.

We don't teach vegan scouting .

We don't teach carnivorus scouting.

We just teach scouting just as it is presented in our scout books and (as far as we know) by BSA's policies and guidelines.

So If a gay person was to teach just plain old scouting.. I wouldn't have an issue with it.

I could be wrong..but is there a gay lean or slant on scouting?

But then, what about the guy who is in the closet. Suppose he has been a CM for 9 years and everybody thinks he does a fantastic stand up job. Has one of the highest retention and crossover rates. His pack has the most family and community involvement. His pack always sells the most popcorn and participates in the most community service projects.

If he suddenly comes out of the closet...does all his great accomplishmenst dissapear because we now know he's gay?

Now, if he wanted to make the program or den/pack meetings about being gay...I'd definantly have an issue. But I'd also have an issue if we started making our den/pack meetings about heterosexual activity or any sexual activity at all!

So, if scout meetings are about scouting..I don't care if they are gay, straight, Wiccan, Vegan, from Venus or works as a street mime!

I am not predjudiced, racist, or bigoted. But this is BSA's program. It was what it was when I signed up. If I don't like it, I can leave. Nobody is making or forcing me to be active or my son either.

I personally don't agree with that particular policy, but that policy wouldn't make a difference as far as my son is concerned either.

By that,. I mean, I signed my son up because of the scouting stuff. I registered as a member because of the scouting stuff.

I do not have intentions of pushing my personal views or blocking others personal views.

The only personal views I imagine I will ever hear of or be concerened with will be wether to set up a tent in this spot or over there in that spot, and what to cook for dinner.

1st the Bible doesn't fail..... evmori

have to disagree. As the topic of chesed v'rachamim is common in numerous sections of the Bible, thus countering the arguments and political histrionics of those anti to homosexuality, the Bible therefore fails....the problem with the Bible is that it can be used to support both the noble, but more often, the foolish, the wicked, and a considerable amount of evil. It all depends on the wisdom, or lack there of, of those who have decided to use the tome for their waypoints, or their hammer....(This message has been edited by Le Voyageur)