AGW is real/not real because ....

Yah, I think we really needed another thread on the topic. :p

Maybe OGE was afraid da old one was getting long enough to challenge the thread with the woman's son's Eagle appeal drama for "longest thread of all time."

And here I always thought that the Issues & Politics thread was to be lightly moderated. :p Me thinks someone needs to buy OGE his morning cup o'joe before lettin' him use a keyboard. Two I&P thread closures in the space of a few minutes has to be a record, eh?

OK, I'll bite. I am opposed to Another Goofy Webelos. We have far too many goofy webelos in our council as it is.

However, I do hear that Antelopes are Great Woodbadgers. But it's only a theory, unlike the well established consensus that Beavers are the Best.

B

Today, AGW is not real. Its warmer today than yesterday.

But yesterday was colder than the day before, so it wasn't real then.

The MSM forecast (if you believe in that stuff, you know how scientists are) says it will be warmer tomorrow. I'll hold judgement until then, but I believe AGW will not be real. There is certainly not enough evidence that tommorrow will be warmer and I've done some research to find a scientist that says tomorrow will be colder. I'll wait until then before I decide what to wear.

I'm only gonna post once, since as a politics conversation, politics will rule over any educational or actual truth.

While I do believe in global warming, Ido not believe there is one single source. We as human arew spewing out tons of gases that do not halp anything.

Yet, scientist also noted decades ago that 1 square mile of ocean emits cholrine, amonia and other gases in the range of metric tons a day. We had an earth that started as a fiery ball of rock, then it cooled down. Then it got hot again, then an ice age.

Seems like the winters are warmer and the summers are cooler, the spring and fall are all screwed up. But mostly, all the seasons happen later and later.

In my opinuion, the biggest problem is that we tried to put a definant time and cycle to something (nature) that does not stick to or care about our timelines and cycle.

So basically, I think we are just as good at our calendar/seasonal math as we are at figuring out our economy and the interest rate.

Politics have ruin any shot at true data and scientific research as too many expert and esteemed scientist will argue that ice is very hot if they knew that "Jones" said it was cold. Science has degraded w to a point it's worse than thew two parties on Capitol hill arguing just because the other party said it!

Yah, hmmm....

Maybe it was Angry Grey WildEagle this mornin'. I didn't realize he had killed the entire Issues and Politics area. I wasn't followin' the gays thread at all, but it seems to be dead.

I always have mixed feelins about da I&P forums. I think they're a really creative way of makin' sure that stuff doesn't spill over onto the regular scouting forums. Sayin' "take it to I&P" is a good way to ask folks to respect the scoutin' area without being too heavy handed. That only works, though, if da moderation is very light over on I&P.

Sometimes, though, I think da heat between folks that gets generated over in I&P spills over into their attitudes toward each other on the other forums, and that's not helpful.

Still, I reckon OGE needed more coffee this mornin'. :)

B

AGW= Absolutely Great Waffles

Nothing better. The down side is that in order to cook them some form of energy must be used. One may have to burn something to create the heat required, and that simple act (especially if every one on the planet decides to cook waffles at the same time) could possibly destroy the planet!

Has anyone tried to make waffles in a solar oven? That might work.