LA Police and Fire depts. to end Explorer programs

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bingo. It isn't the name, it is the policy that needs to be examined.

The problem with the BSA is that it IS a group that refuses to allow certain boys to join. While it has that right, it must then abide by the consequences of that decision. But it also would not change things for the BSA one bit if the Y suddenly became a discriminatory organization too. The BSA would still face these problems, which stem from the BSA's apparent desire to set exclusionary youth membership standards and yet also expect government entities to violate local, state, and federal law in order to fund and support BSA units.

Did Jackie Paper die or just go away-- you decide. Singers do not live forever, Mary Travers RIP

A dragon lives forever but not so little boys

Painted wings and giant rings make way for other toys.

One grey night it happened, Jackie Paper came no more

And Puff that mighty dragon, he ceased his fearless roar.

His head was bent in sorrow, green scales fell like rain,

Puff no longer went to play along the cherry lane.

Without his life-long friend, Puff could not be brave,

So Puff that mighty dragon sadly slipped into his cave.

(This message has been edited by nwscouter)

I'm glad the Y does not discriminate. However, from their own website:

" 2009 YMCA of the USA. The YMCA is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to put

Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all." "Provide a safe, positive, Christian environment "

Bingo. It isn't the name, it is the policy that needs to be examined.

The problem with the BSA is that it IS a group that refuses to allow certain boys to join. While it has that right, it must then abide by the consequences of that decision. But it also would not change things for the BSA one bit if the Y suddenly became a discriminatory organization too. The BSA would still face these problems, which stem from the BSA's apparent desire to set exclusionary youth membership standards and yet also expect government entities to violate local, state, and federal law in order to fund and support BSA units.

Well said Lisa...

Folks tend to forget that these laws trumps BSA's outdated Congressional Charter.

But that's not what's happening - the programs will remain - they just won't be Explorer Posts anymore, and won't be paying a fee to LFL. Again, the Youth who are interested will still be served - the only ones that lose out is LFL.

You have proof this will take place Calico?

You know pack, calico and oge you all play right into merlyns little games and the sad part you all are just too dumb to realize you are all being used just like a bunch of tools, lmao. So have fun and I will continue to watch you being played for the fools you are, and pack, yes I am making fun of all of you, ha ha.

BadenP, You are getting way too emotional about all this.

I remind you: "But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire."

Perhaps you are unfamiliar with this verse.

I'm just back from staffing Wood Badge, and this quote - still fresh on my mind - is especially appropriate here.

"Leading change to become more diverse is critical for Scouting to remain relevant."

This quote is not mine, nor is it from Merlyn's people. It is straight from BSA National. Think about that.