Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize

Another worm remark, from Willie Brown. If you don't know who he is, he is former mayor of SF, a lifelong California politician, and well known as a strong liberal democrat. He now writes a column for the local media rag.

After Nobel, what's next for Obama - sainthood?

Willie Brown

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Barack Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize for one thing - getting elected president in a country that has never had a woman or a person of color as its leader.

I expect an Oscar, a Tony and a Pulitzer will all follow, and all will be equally deserved.

The Nobel is great news for Obama and for America, but is bad news for the Rev. Al, Jesse and me, as the prize committees have now met their quota.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like justice to have a "redistributionist" win. After all Woodrow Wilson the seggregationist and man who lent street cred to "Birth of a Nation" won it.

Yasser Arafat , man who bilked his people out of millions, there is somebody else to look up to.

Good to know the folks in Norway are under the hypnotic spell.

Great form Calico Penn. Squashing opinion is the way to roll, telling folks to STFU always wins the discussion.

OK you're right, he deserves the award.

Seems like justice to have a "redistributionist" win. After all Woodrow Wilson the seggregationist and man who lent street cred to "Birth of a Nation" won it.

Yasser Arafat , man who bilked his people out of millions, there is somebody else to look up to.

Good to know the folks in Norway are under the hypnotic spell.

Great form Calico Penn. Squashing opinion is the way to roll, telling folks to STFU always wins the discussion.

OK you're right, he deserves the award.

What I found funny/strange is that here are a bunch of Europeans choosing and giving this award. They could care a fig about our little Left vs. Right tiffs. Has the bar sunk so low on American actions and values that just having someone new come in and turn on the lights now generates kudos of global recognition?

Im glad Obama got the award, but ashamed as to the potential rational for giving it to him. Is American politics playing out a version of Lord of the Flies? My 14yo thinks so.

As a proud worm, I have to agree that the committee that made this award embarrassed itself. That is not just the opinion of an arch conservative, but an opinion widely shared by people of a wide variety of political persuasions.

Just one more reason to hate Obama.

Like we really needed one.

Wow, Gern, was that really necessary? He didn't nominate himself for the award, nor did he vote for himself. Blame whomever nominated him. Blame the five guys that voted for him.

Sheesh.

From MSNBC: This just in....Sean Hannity's head exploded on air today as he was in the middle of reporting that newly named Nobel Peace Prize winner, President Barack Obama, stated he would give away the prize money.

Loyal viewers watched in horror as Hannity's head began to expand as he announced Obama's intentions to turn half the prize winning over to ACORN, the much beleaguered community organization agency.

FOX News Channel ratings rose exponentially as the reporting continued. Neilson Ratings noted the presence of moderates and even liberals tuning in to Hannity's show, an event never before reported.

After reporting about the ACORN donation of half of the prize funds, Hannity was just beginning his tirade about Mr. Obama donating the other half to the church of his former pastor, Reverend Jeremiah Wright.

At that moment, Hannity's head exploded and Fox News Channel ratings became the highest in the history of television.

The explosion was somewhat obscured as the All American Panel leaped across the desk to flee the scene.

Unconfirmed reports from the Huffington Post quote a bystander as stating, "I couldn't believe it, his skull was hollow - no brains spewed out at all."

Glen Beck, host of his own show on Fox, wiped tears from his eyes and sobbed, "I saw the image of Ronald Reagan rise above Hannity's lifeless body." He went on to say, "While, it may not be true, it could be a Norwegian or Swedish, not sure which, vendetta against my colleague's mockery of the Nobel Committee." "I'll be keeping my eye on that," he declared.

Funeral arrangements are still being made, but rumor has it the Mr. Hannity will be buried next to Michael Jackson. The eulogy will be delivered by Michael Moore and Bill Ayers.

I might have a slight bit more respect for Mr. Obama if he had the guts to donate the money to ACORN as has been suggested. But just as he has made a practice of denying his other comrades such as the Reverend Wright, I'm sure he will deny ACORN the much needed funds!

Ken