All your children are belong to us

If you haven't seen the really creepy video of the kindergarteners in New Jersey singing songs in praise of President Obama, check out the link below. You can watch the video of the American kids and then watch North Korean kids sing the praises of their Dear Leader.

Nobody is saying that Obama himself, or anybody in Washington for that matter, had anything to do with this. But the mind set of some people running the public schools is often quite scary.

Apparently this incident actually happened in June. I understand that the educational authorities in the State of New Jersey are now looking into this.

http://pajamasmedia.com/rogerlsimon/2009/09/24/comparative-videos-new-jerseynorth-korea/

We could find creepy video's of similar age children singing the praises of GW as well. (maybe) Just because something absurd happens doesn't mean its anything but absurd and solitary.

When thousands of children march with torches into stadiums adorned with 30 foot high banners of Pres. Obama, then we worry

OGE,

Why wait? Worry now. Give it a few more years and we'll likely get there.

I've got ten dollars for anybody who can come up with a video of school kids singing the praises of GW Bush (not George Washington).

Actually I don't remember. There was a period of a few years when I stopped visiting the forum altogether.

Praying TO any living person really is creepy, president or not. For that matter, unless the vatican declares any particular president a saint (how likely is that?), praying TO any president, alive or dead is creepy. I don't think that is quite what Baden Powell had in mind in saying scouts should be reverent.

It would not surprise me if people have occasionally prayed FOR a president. It seems to me I recall political leaders being added to the list of people for whom the congregants prayed in catholic masses from time to time. Again, we were praying for divine help in making such recipients of the divine help more just and wise.

But I digress....the ten dollar offer still stands.

Oh for heaven's sake!! I'm stunned anyone would pay more than 2 seconds attention to a silly song like that. A comparison to North Korea is really absurd. "Authorities" looking into it? Haven't we got more important things to worry about?

Though they could perhaps found a more interesting theme for a dancing and singing lesson.

I've encouraged my son to learn to pray for our elected officals as they are human and doing the best they can. Even though we didn't vote for many of them we still pray FOR them to guide our nation as best they can.

As our nation is a republic the 'winner' needs support, regardless of our views.

Hopefully the praise organizer in NJ will be educated about the choice that was made.

God Bless America!

Someplace else in the inter-verse I encountered a sterling fellow. He claimed the Democrats were being held back from passing health care because they were afraid of their right wing money donors.

That was the sanest of his claims.