Illegal Immigrants

Unfortunately the illegal alien problem will not go away until the broders are secured and immigration laws are enforced.

Yah, in that case it will never go away.

It isn't possible for us to do what's necessary to secure da borders, eh? To do that, we'd have to emulate the old Soviets and construct a Berlin Wall, complete with da automated machine guns and mines that used to cover that Cold War relic.

How many women machine-gunned by a robot do yeh think it would take before We The People gave up that little experiment.

Estimates are that we've got well over 10 million illegals workin' in this country. I'm wonderin' how exactly those laws can be enforced. Are we ready to fund the INS enforcement arm to do that? Ready to build the prisons necessary? Ready to institute a National Identity Card with biometric taggin' that every legal man, woman and child in da U.S. is required to get and carry? Ready to allow law enforcement to come into our schools and hospitals and homes and businesses on a regular basis without a warrant? Ready to deny citizenship to those born here?

Even after yeh did all that - transferred half da school revenues to law enforcement and prisons, tore up liberties, and built a reasonably impenetrable wall, yeh still wouldn't be able to get control of da problem.

This is a pipe dream. Enforcin' the immigration laws would destroy the courts and the country. Yeh think health care costs are bad? ;)

My ancestors were da unwanted "retched refuse", eh? I reckon I owe it to 'em to pay it forward to current immigrants when I can. Especially since anything else would destroy da country they adopted and I love.

At least, that's my opinion ;). I'd love to hear if someone else can find any way of actually enforcin' these laws beyond makin' a token effort.

Beavah

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its an easy fix to stop the illegals.

1. Build a good fence.

2. Make the punishments so severe for eemploying them, no one will. 2 years in Jail and a fine per each illegal hired $50,000.00 plus siezure of your business.

3. Don't allow them in our schools, hospitals, churches , stores, or any other place.

4. Make the punishment for renting to them 2yrs in Jail and Fine of $50,000, plus forfiture of you rental property.

If you make it so they can't work, can't buy fppd or get a place to live of use the hospitals, then they will just go back to the 3rd world country thry came from

Yah, da only successful fences yeh can point to are the one that used to be in Berlin (still had tunnels and such, eh?) and the one that currently separates North and South Korea. Both of those are a lot shorter and didn't have to cover water, eh? And I really don't think we're ever goin' to go for landmines and automated machine guns to kill women and children tryin' to sneak in.

2. Make the punishments so severe for eemploying them, no one will. 2 years in Jail and a fine per each illegal hired $50,000.00 plus siezure of your business....Make the punishment for renting to them 2yrs in Jail and Fine of $50,000, plus forfiture of you rental property.

Ten million people. Call it a million businesses and a few million homes/apartments. We're goin' to need a lot of jails, eh? :( Last I checked, we're also not big on allowin' da government to seize private property willy-nilly. Constitution and all that. Plus, seizin' that much property you're goin' to cause more than a few banks and downstream or upstream businesses to fail. That will put a lot of citizens out of work and in harm's way.

Remember, what da government can do to a fellow citizen, it can someday do to you. I remember the malarkey with property seizure in drug cases, eh? Sheriff's offices planting evidence so as to seize expensive cars and such. Families losing houses because junior had a joint. Some elderly widow has the nice fellow from church repair her porch, and you're goin' to jail her and seize her house?

3. Don't allow them in our schools, hospitals, churches , stores, or any other place.

Yah, I'm always just puzzled by this, eh?

If I'm with a group of scouts and we come across a person who is injured, we render aid. "Help other people at all times" and all that. It doesn't matter if the person is a Russian without a green card, or a Jew, or a Democrat, or a Samaritan. I don't see anybody with a conscience refusin' emergency assistance to a fellow human in need.

Can't say I see any Christian churches turnin' away folks seekin' God either.

But if yeh wanted to do it, that means yeh need to plant cops at each church, and everyone at the church door must present their citizenship papers. And at the convenience mart. How many Americans do yeh think are really goin' to tolerate a national identity card that they must carry at all times and show in order to enter a theater or buy gas? How many Americans want cops at their church doors? Want to be detained when they go to church while on vacation and leave their ID card in da hotel room?

And then what country would do business with us, if we became that kind of police state? What legitimate tourist or foreign businessman would want to come? Heck, which of us or our kids would want to stay? It wouldn't be America anymore.

I think folks talkin' enforcement-only "solutions" just haven't taken the time to think things through. Either that, or it's just another way of muddyin' the waters so as to prevent a rational, genuine solution because they're afraid that a new group of hardworkin' citizens might vote against them.

B

Or................

How about a guest worker program. Where folks can come to work here for a specified amount of time, pay taxes, pay FICA and pay into Social security.

Of course to do this people would have to be willing to pay the market rate for services now provided by illegals. 2-3 dollars more per meal in a restaurant, 5-10 dollars more per week for lawn service, 5-10 dollars more for a haircut.

Think of the products and more importantly the services you receive from these "illegals" and ask yourself how much more you are willing to pay? It is the free market which has caused this situation and it is the free market which will ultimately have to solve it ( the gov't will have to force us though).

As long as there is capitalism and a free market, there will be a desire for cheap labor. While harping on illegal aliens is a red meat staple for talk radio, all of those conservative capitalist small business owners will continue to want to hire them and the big companies will continue to cater to them by making all of their labeling bilingual so they can sell to them. That is why Republican politicians only pay lip service to the illegal alien problem.

"Ten million people. Call it a million businesses and a few million homes/apartments. We're goin' to need a lot of jails, eh? Last I checked, we're also not big on allowin' da government to seize private property willy-nilly. Constitution and all that. Plus, seizin' that much property you're goin' to cause more than a few banks and downstream or upstream businesses to fail. That will put a lot of citizens out of work and in harm's way."

Beavah,

First you would never have to arrest that many. After you incarcerated the first few and people knew the government was serious, they would quit hiring them.

second the government seizes property all the time in felony cases as the fruits of an illegal action. Again here when the first few lost thier homes or businesses the rest of the people will smarten up.

Maybe it sounds harsh and unscoutlike, but the only way your going to stop the problem is to get Mad Dog mean and nasty and make it so unfriendly they won't come here. If that means locking some people up so be it. when you break the law there are consequences.

Well if we follow Beavah's view, the government can save gobs of money.

We can get rid of US Customs - There is no need to man a border we want to leave wide open, just tell the last agent to leave the door unlocked.

We can get rid of our Immigration department because they won't be needed. We can follow the "If you can get here, your in!" approach.

I am all for immigration and believe we should encourage legal entry. Why is it considered so unreasonable to expect people to follow the rule of law to enter the US?

I agree that there is a problem and that its primary an issue in how the ___________ ( democrats, republicans, liberals, conservatives, illegals, atheists, gays, vulcans, wookies ) and their politics have brought this country to its knees. If only the ___________ ( democrats, republicans, liberals, conservatives, illegals, atheists, gays, vulcans, wookies ) would get their act together, we could solve this problem and make this country great again.

Please fill in the blank by pointing a finger at your favorite 'blame' group. Be sure not to point the finger at yourself because doing so would actually make you work at a solution.

"We have seen the enemy and it is US!"

Great bumper sticker slogan Ed. Does your city, county, state have the manpower and resources to track them all down, jail them and transport them? Mutiply that many fold and you begin to see why that talk radio sentiment isn't really viable. It is the old, "somebody ought to do something" mantra.

Ed, when I was a boy I used to hear racists invoke similar 'solutions'. I think it was along about the time when the white South was switching to the Republican Party.

I suspect that native Americans must have entertained similar thoughts at some time.