Ted Kennedy and the KGB

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vol scouter,

This is not a case of left wing versus right wing it is a case of having class and respecting the dead versus showing no class and a total lack of respect for the dead. From your comments I see you chose the later position, you and Rush to name just two.

vol scouter don't try to mince words here, your feelings about the left wing politicals are well known in this forum as in the tone of your posts here. So tell me vol where do you stand on this issue, which will I am sure confirm my post is correct.

So, what I have gleaned is because of the praise for Sen Kennedy, something had to be used to say, see, he wasn't all that either. Sorta a like a thread we had where someone thought George Bush was in great physical shape and someone had to chime in about how chiesled Obama was on the Beach in Hawaii. So, if you compliment a politician, for any reason, the immediate response of the other side is to say something bad about him, or at least how someone else is better?

We wonder why our youth have no manners, have no civility? I think we are acting so loud they can't hear our words

OGE, just trying to keep us fair and balanced. All too often, the conservative leaners think they can denegrate liberals without response. I'm here to keep that from happening. If they take a swing, especially a cheap shot, they should expect a counter punch.

Notice who usually starts these threads. It isn't us liberals touting the superiority of our ideas or the failures of the opposition, it is the right wing.

And I for one am tired of following my mother's advice and be polite and never discuss politics. Not when the right wing has driven the debate into the mud. They want to get dirty? I'll get dirty. It will not go unchallenged.

I have three words to say:

Mary Jo Kopechne

Consider the person who left her in the car under the bridge. Dead or alive, Ted Kennedy is guilty of leaving the scene of an accident.

An honorable man? I've not regarded him such since my teenage years.

Sad to say but if we drove all who were not trustworthy or brave from the halls of congress then it would be a quiet lonely place. There would be a few left on both sides of the aisle but not many. It would be especially hard to find anyone who is BOTH trustworthy AND brave.

Hal

I believe that, in his lifetime, Kennedy himself admitted that his actions were inexcusable. He might even have agreed, John, that it was neither trustworthy nor brave. It was certainly tragic for all involved.

Then there is the business about passing judgment. Not really our job, is it.

There are a lot of people (and not just politicians) who have done some sad, regrettable, cowardly things in their lives, to the cost of someone else. I suppose we could lock them up forever. Sometimes, in fact, we do exactly that under certain extreme circumstances. Or we could acknowledge that, while flawed, some of these people still have a great deal to offer to society.

How can one go to the polls without "passing judgement"? That's the system. So we are to forgive Kennedy(s) and Clinton, but not Bush? And why is someone suddenly deserving of "respect" just because they died? No politician is perfect...they all lie to advance their platforms and make promises they have no intention of keeping...then they blame the other party or Congress. If I announce I'm voting for someone "because he looks like me", I'm a racist. What a country.