• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, it's much less morally and ethically taxing to demonize anyone who disagrees with you with pigeon-hole labeling rhetoric than to actually consider the idea that you've said something so universally ignorant and bigoted that anyone with an ounce of integrity is going to call you out.

Smells like troll to me.

You know Sherm, That Teenager was the first to resort to name calling by calling me a smartass. AND he posted things without reading my post thouroughly. He read things into what I was saying.I set him straight-no more no less.

Now By the way this thread is reading it seems like we are adults here, and one question has nagged me all day---

Using the title of this thread--How Far is too far?? Using the premis that you guys that ganged up on me used, I'm supposed to be all touchy feely about gay people right?? Well answer me this one--what other sexual freaks are we supposed to cater to??

Pedophiles?

Transexuals?

Bi Sexuals?

S&M and bondage folks?

Beastiality Practicers??

What about these guys?? That is THEIR sexual Preference-- should we as a society freely accept them and trust our children in their care?? This is what puzzles me. would YOU trust your minor child away at camp with these type of people? Would you teach YOUR child to accept these people freely and mingle with them?? Many (not all) gays practice sexual relations with minors if given the chane. Just like the good folks at NAMBLA-The North American of Man-Boy Love Association whose motto is "Sex Before 8 Or It's Too Late". Would YOU want your Child in their care?? If you are a normal Person I would dare say your answer would be NO. Well why does that make me a troll or someone to be ignored because I don't want that for my child?? Where is the line drawn?? When do we say this perversion is OK and that one isn't?? Many states in our union have Anti Gay Behaviour laws on their books--whether in publis or in the privacy of their homes,so evidently SOME PEOPLE still think Gay sex is wrong.Even California rescinded it's gay marriage laws as unconstitutional.The GAY Capitol of the US.

I for one can't even believe that I have to defend myself on a BOY SCOUT Board--Of all places.Scouts has really changed since I was a kid. All of the things that Scouting was founded on relay the message that such behaviour is abhorrant. All religions view deviant sex as abhorrant. Why wouldn't Scouting??

Answers to your questions:

Yes Sherm, My gay friend remained my friend until death, and as a pallbearer I carried him to his grave.

Yes Sherm I guess it was bashing to Know other names for gay people, but i figured to use the multitude of hateful slang names did not have to be done.

NO SHerm for the reasons stated above I don't think Scouts should be taught gay tolerance-- Where and what groups does this tolerance stretch to??

Last Question Sherm-- If you READ my post I said it LOOKED like a Gay Designer Designed it-- NOWHERE did I say the designer was actually gay-- READ BEFORE YOU PILE ON.

Nike Sounded to me like he was offended because he might have been gay-- Notice HE didn't post any more-- If the shoe fits....

Lisabob--

I won't even reply to your inane crap.after reading many of your posts I see you are a liberal airbag. You to resorted to name calling. Idiot is to good to call you, so I won't even bother with you.When caught without any real things to say, the name calling starts.

To satisfy other questions I was in the Cubscouts. Webelos, and a Scout(Patrol leader,Asst and Senior Patrol leader) until I was 18 the have been an Assisstant Scoutmaster the rest of my life.I was an Eagle at the age of 15 with 64 merit badges, and had My God and Country Award. I had that funny little purple chest patch when it was EARNED, not given. I went out of Country as a Scout to earn it.I am a member of the Order of the Arrow-- way before Ladies were allowed in it.Been to Philmont numerous times, NOAC and National Jambo.That's my stats.

And Believe it or not Nick, I am not mean to gays-- I just don't coddle them or trust them around young kids.

Kroh- I lump you with Lisabob-- Not even worthy of reply.

SO I'm a TROLL because I stand up for myself and refuse to be browbeat by a gang of attackers??-- I guess I am a troll then, because I'm not letting a pack of wolves shout me down and cram their touchy feely crap down my throat. Never have never will. I fear for the future of the Scouting program I hold so dear.

i dont like gays either, i dont trust them either...now maybe im misunderstanding the whole thign and if so then sorry for being a jiblet head but i think the issue here was you called the new uniform gay. people got mad because they wear that uniform for one and 2 gay isnt a word that cna be used to describe a article of clothing.

something tells me that i may have misunderstood you from the get-go.

OK folks, you're all entitled to your personal opinions are are welcome to express them in these forums. This Issues & Politics forum is a little bit more relaxed in terms of content and enthusiam with which opinions are expressed. Nonetheless, the Scout Law still applies. New members might get a little more slack from the membership at large until they're not new anymore. 'Nuff said?

Frank

Moderator Team

"I fear for the future of the Scouting program I hold so dear."

So do I, so do I. But for entirely different reasons.

I'd be proud to be lumped in with the likes of Lisabob, and Trevorum for that matter. Nice company!

Who wants pie?(This message has been edited by DanKroh)

oh, I can't let the show tunes pass without a selection from Avenue Q.

"If you were gay

That'd be okay.

I mean 'cause, hey,

I'd like you anyway.

Because you see,

If it were me,

I would feel free

To say that I was gay

(but I'm not gay.)"

Kawidaphoenix,

Perhaps I should clarify. The problem isn't that you have views that "the liberals" don't agree with and that they are "ganging up" on you for having those views. The problem is that you can't seem to express those opinions in a manner that is either Scout-like or civil. That is the subject of this thread.

Take Nick for example. He has at times expressed opinions that make me cringe, but he does so respectfully, and I respect him for doing so. You, on the other hand, just can't seem to do that. Even if your views perfectly coincided with mine, I would still look at your posts with disdain, as they are disrespectful and rambling, and I would not have the impression that your posts did my side any credit.

Perhaps you should use the same language in your posts as you would use in front of the Scouts. Maybe then your posts would draw more respect.

Sherminator505

But Lisa, we already have jackets for being bad parents. I think this definitely calls for some sort of fancy hat to go with it. (a swishy beret, perhaps?)

Come on in, pack, you are more than welcome.

Sherm, nicely put, thank you for expressing what I have just been too gobsmacked to say clearly.(This message has been edited by DanKroh)