Anyway to inform moderators of inappropriate content posts ?

Looks like we have a newbiw that has decided to infest these good boards with inappropriate content today. I looked and tried, but couldn't find a "report to moderator" function on this site.

1) Is there one? If so, where and HOW does one use it?

2) If there is NOT one - I would strongly suggest that one be put into place so that the community as a whole can detect and refer to the mods anything that could be offensive so that they can review and remove (if need be) in a timely manner.

Thanks in advance-

Dean

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As soon a I saw those posts I sent a PM using the 'Contact Us' button. I think that goes straight to Terry and the web gurus. But I agree, if that sort of thing happens often, it would be nice to have a panic button. The risk is that we'd be using that button inappropriately.

However, from what I was reading last night, that guy needed to get dumped with great prejudice. And I'm a guy who is all for no censorship.

I'd like to know who that guy is and where he's from. I hope that was just a really stupid prank by someone and nothing with any serious intent behind it.

Thanks for the info...

I knew there were mods, but had no idea how to identify them.

Looks like that poster last night must have been a juvinile messing around - judging from the content, the verbage, and the spelling errors. Either that or they were just as dumb and ingnorant as their posts.

Dean

The problem with threads such as this is that those of us who did not encounter the poster under discussion are curious as to what happened. It is similar to joining a conversation where someone is being discussed but when you inquire as to whom they are referring, you are told that the discussion is over. So I just need to not miss a day reading the forum!! Good scouting to all.

I don't like censorship.

I am reminded of two Jefferon quotes:

"If there be any among us who would wish to dissolve this Union or to change its republican form, let them stand undisturbed as monuments of the safety with which error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson

It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God.

-Thomas Jefferson

I don't like censorship.

It is easy to say you don't like censorship and let people debate things that do not matter much. But that is not really freedom. Freedom really exists when people are allowed to question things that are most important to our established order.(This message has been edited by TheScout)

The Scout:

There is a difference between censorship and simply cleaning up after gutter mentality. Not all things deserve to be viewed, just because they were posted. I too am curious, as I did not see the items in question; but it is clear that they were completely out of line and insulting.

JMHO