I have an announcement

Whooo hoooo ... go for it sctmom. from your 1378 postings ... you are a natural for the Cubmastership! It's fun ... more so than the committee side. Just let the proverbial "hair down" and have some fun with the boys and with the parents and you'll do just fine! It takes the same one hour on the program side! ;)

Congrats on getting a job that's worth all the while!

1Hour

(former Cubmaster)

Wow, forgot I hadn't updated my profile in a while. I'm a Bear Den Leader this year. Didn't do much as a Troop committe member.

I was asked because I keep showing up for stuff -- guess he figured if I'm crazy enough to keep showing up after my son crossed over, I'm crazy enough to be cubmaster.

Excellent! But I have a question. If your son crossed over, why didn't you cross and become an Assistant Scoutmaster in his new troop, or a committee member? Just a question. I support your decision totally because adult leaders in any aspect of Scouting should be applauded!

ASM1

ASM1, Good question...a few answers.

I was committee member for the troop he crossed over to. Last fall he decided to quit Scouting, he was REALLY hating it, to the point it was disruptive for others at the troop meeting. At that same time I found out the pack was having problems getting some leaders because many crossed over and a few moved out of the area.

It looks like my son may be getting into a different troop. Of course I will help out but he doesn't need me around all the time. In fact he needs me to not be there --- otherwise he thinks he should get special treatment.

I like working with the Cubs and hate to see our pack failing. My first priority, even before I officially take over, is to find a replacement from the parents of the Tigers and Wolves...hehehe.

This sounds to me like the next step going toward those changes you were wanting to make in your District that you talked about a few months ago. I have this strange feeling that this is just the next step in bigger things to come. Best of luck to you.

I love this scouting stuff

Barry

Any great words of wisdom from anyone? Other than "buy lots of headache medicine" LOL

Our pack has been small this year but we've been having fun. Since the beginning of January we have had:

PWD

B&G

Scouting for Food

An overnight field trip

Scout Sunday

Scout Show

Council sponsored Scout day at the Racetrack

7 Den Meetings

2 Pack Meetings

Webelos Crossover at last night's Pack Meeting

PLUS a week break from school (no meetings)