We Need Larger Families

The way to stem the tide of an incoming horde is to close the borders and deny immigration to the groups that are not wanted. The only way to change the percentage of different groups in a population without immigration is to increase the mortality of the desired group or increase the birth rate of the favored group.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vol_scouter writes:

The way to stem the tide of an incoming horde is to close the borders and deny immigration to the groups that are not wanted. The only way to change the percentage of different groups in a population without immigration is to increase the mortality of the desired group or increase the birth rate of the favored group.

Wrong; you can also:

1) change the criteria of who is in this week's "favored" or "disfavored" groups;

or

2) have people move from the "disfavored" to the "favored" category (or vice-versa) via any of the numerous ways people change or improve;

or even

3) stop playing the master race game altogether.

Look. It's easy to be glib about it, but there really ARE muslim sects that are anti-democratic and would not hesitate to pull the plug on the Last Great Hope of Democracy. . .

I'm not at all demonizing the muslims; in fact, I greatly admire the depth of their commitment to their faith. The Great Problem everyone faces, as the world gets smaller and shrinks, is Getting Along Together, and in the case of religious faith, it means tolerance of other faiths. . . including tolerance of other faiths by muslims. So the Question of the 21st Century will be. . . can the muslims do it?

With respect to quotas, all nations have them. We're blinkered by the Emma Lazarus poem into believing that a wide open gate is the only way to go. Certainly we would be wrong not to be selective in at least a minimal fashion.

BUT my OP point wasn't so much about preserving western democracy. It was just that large families are nice and are rather necessary to our current economic structure.

"So the Question of the 21st Century will be. . . can the muslims do it? "

Actually I think the turn of the conversation on this thread has demonstrated rather clearly that the question might just as well be "can we do it?" People should be careful - their nativism is showing and it isn't pretty.

Its interesting to note that the killing in Orchard Park was the result of domestic violence, something that transcends religious identity, but because the couple were Mulsim, it must be their faith that is to blame. Or least to be used as an example to paint all followers of that faith with the same violent tendencies.