The Price and the Promise of Citizenship - Obama

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Beavah, that isn't quite true. What Obama released on his web site was a copy of a Certificate of Live Birth from Hawaii which is not the same as a birth certificate. He has never produced a copy of his actual Birth Certificate from Hawaii. That is where the contention lies. His detractors say it does not exist because they believe wholeheartedly that he was actually born in Kenya. They claim that if he would just produce the actual document for examination, they would go away. Until then, they stand by their claim that he is not an American citizen and is therefore disqualifed to run for President. There end game was to get it reviewed by the Supreme Court before the inauguration. Just about every court they took it to denied them as they did not have standing to bring the issue before the court. Also, the state of Hawaii has said that he was indeed born there and that they can not release a person's birth certificate willy nilly to anyone who asks for it.

The funny thing is that I understand John McCain also refused to release his birth certificate for review. I personally think he did it in support of his opponent because he realized how moronic the vitriol on both sides has become over elections.

I've heard from a very reliable Internet source that Obama had secretly funneled money from pork barrel projects for years to North Korea where scientists have grown a clone army using the latest in accelerated growth hormone technology. He plans to use these blue helmeted troops to sweep through red state strongholds, going house to house, confiscating guns, aborting the unborn, handing out welfare checks and sending Republican party members to re-education camps.

"Certificate of Live Birth from Hawaii which is not the same as a birth certificate."

Um...

I don't know if this varies by state, but here in Oregon, YES, it IS the same thing as a birth certificate.

The only other document someone might possibly want could be the original hospital certificate. In Oregon, at least, this certificate is not considered "official" in any way.

If one of my boys someday ran for president, and had to produce his birth certificate, he'd get a Certificate of Live Birth from the State of Oregon (or use the one I've got in the file cabinet). If someone insisted on his original hospital certificate, he'd be out of luck. Since it's not official in any way, I am not sure I kept it. Maybe it's tucked into his baby book. Which might or might not be in my mother's basement somewhere. I don't think the hospital would print another one for him... even if the hospital still existed, which it already doesn't (and my kids are only 13 & 14!!). Obama's mother has been dead for years. Who's to say whether that document still exists or not? And why would anybody want it? It's not official. In fact, with my older son, his hospital certificate has a different name on it than his official one. I filled out the hospital paperwork right after he was born, but by the time I filled out the OFFICIAL State of Oregon paperwork before we were released, I had changed my mind and gave him a different name. The hospital told me, "That's ok, the hospital paperwork isn't official anyway."

I really don't understand how people can look at Obama's official Hawaii birth certificate and say it's not a birth certificate.

If people want to create some kind of conspiracy theory and claim it's forged... fine. Go ahead. But a Certificate of Live Birth is, by definition, a Birth Certificate.

-Liz

Yah, great, now my PC needs a birth certificate? Sheesh! Next my laptop will need a passport in order for me to take it across the border. :)

A Certificate of Live Birth is, in fact, a birth certificate.

B

(This message has been edited by Beavah)

Hey guys, I'm just reporting what the "hate Obama" crowd are saying. It is them who claim that Obama's Certificate of Live Birth is not hos Birth Certificate. Not me. He put a copy of his COLB on his website and it was rejected by those wanting him to prove his US citizenship in a court of law with a BC. Like I said, Hannity's forum has two threads that are each aroud 8000 posts on the topic. They even had examples linked of what a Hawaii "BC" looked like and how it differed from Obama's COLB. Funny thing is, both say "Certificate of Live Birth". But what the naysayers want to see is a copy of the document like the second link and not like the first.

COLB - http://forums.hannity.com/showpost.php?p=45290111&postcount=5

BC - http://www.marblewallet.com/images/birthcertificate.jpg

LOL! What incredible ignorance. I never quite realized how severely lame this argument was. Thank you for posting the clarification.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to recognize that the form they want to see was how they looked in 1979, before computers, when a request for a birth certificate meant someone pulled the original out of a filing cabinet, transcribed the info on a form with a typewriter, signed it, and embossed it with the state seal.

My Certificate of Live Birth which my mom got in the 70's from the State of Texas so I could enter kindergarten looked very much like the one in the second link. But it's falling apart now. You can barely read it because of its age. When I order a new one from the State of Texas (and I'll have to soon), it will look more like the one Obama provided (just a Texan version). In another 10 years, when my current copy of my birth certificate is as old as President Obama is now, it probably will just be dust. I won't be able to "produce" it for anybody, either.

I'm not worried. I would never be a serious contender for President, anyway. I can't think of any reason anybody would want to see the 1970s era version of my Birth Certificate unless I got the nomination for President. ;-)

It is true that the deterioration of the certificate has slowed down considerably now that I have a passport and no longer haul the birth certificate in my purse when I go out of the country. That piece of paper has been back and forth to Mexico at least a dozen times, though. Paper that gets used wears out. It's in bad enough shape now I don't think I'll be able to use it next time I renew my passport -- I wasn't sure it would hold together last time I took it out, and I'm fairly sure it WON'T next time. But that's ok. I'll just get a "Certificate of Live Birth" from the State of Texas, and not worry about the people who claim it's not a "real" Birth Certificate.

-Liz