Save the Sea Kittens!!!!

The good folk of PETA are very dedicated to a set of values and beliefs which shape the way they live.

The good folk of the LDS are very dedicated to a set of values and beliefs which shape the way they live.

Why is it scoutlike to mock one set of values and not scoutlike to mock the other?

I'm not saying I'm above it myself or without sin. I just make the observation.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gern,

Your comparison of PETA to LDS just might be considered mockery in itself.:)

Your question about scouting makes me wonder if you think scout spirit places special restrictions on our actions that don't apply to non-scouts. Is this true? How so?

But I answer your question in this manner. PETA intrudes into my life with their influence. And to that I answer with ridicule (or mockery, if that's what you think) because it is the best tool I can find to use.

If the LDS people tried to exert similar influence, I'd ridicule their space alien beliefs and their magic underwear. But they don't. So I don't.

Michael row the boat ashore

Hallelujah!

Gern,

I really don't think you can compare PETA with the LDS. And if you don't feel poking a little fun is proper, don't join in! Join in where you feel then c'mon back here & tell us how that is OK & this isn't!

People get ready

The train is comin'

Don't need no ticket

Just git on board!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks packsaddle! Great article! Concise and to the point, as typical from the Economist.

I like their conclusion:

"...this campaign is wrong. Even by PETAs own standards it is wrong. Humans are animals too."

Have you noticed that once an organization starts having $$$ coming in there core issues go out the window and they tend to get ridiculous. Look at enviornmental groups. When Earth First protested on Mt Graham against the telescope, they were beyond rude, didn't have the facts and it took two weeks to clean up there litter on the mountain. Not to mention the damage to trees, land etc....

NOT A HIJACK!!!

NOT A HIJACK!!!

NOT A HIJACK!!!

Just had a warped thought.

PETA = Don't kill the animals.

PRO-LIFE = Don't kill the (unborn) animals.

Therfore, all PETA members are PRO-LIFE.

OOOOOH, now that is scary, realizing that I may be running around with the PETA's.

If someone wants to pull this into a Pro-Choice vs Pro-Life debate, please take it to the other thread already running under Politic.

Just came across an article about PETA having a Super Bowl advertisement banned. At least PETA has a sense of humor. The ad is called "Vegetarians Have Better Sex". I guess we don't have to worry about them pro-creating. I can just hear the veggies screaming in terror.

• 2 weeks later...

Pack, ASM915, all

I did in fact move to St. Louis and then back to Gainesville and last summer took a job in Louisville, KY. A little closer to ASM915.

I've been inactive in scouts for the last year, but I'm getting active now on commissioner staff.

The wife and kids are still in Gainesville, so life is hectic........ but peaceful! ;) Don't worry, everything is fine with the family life, we just haven't sold the house yet, you know it's a soft market.

Pack, It's called gross anatomy because the body is studied on a large (gross) scale, ie the whole body. Not because it is yucky, er, gross.

G