Save the Sea Kittens!!!!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eisely,

I'm really disappointed in you. I strongly advocate of PETA. Any group that promotes anything about Prefer Eating Tasty Animals is fine in my book. Pass the lemons, and don't forget the chips also.

Fire the pr guy? What measurable level of reality has this gathering of fools departed from and how much did they have to drink/smoke/snort to achieve it. Sea Kittens? Wonder what wisconsin on a friday night would be like if we went to a sea-kitten fry?..the red-necked kitty haters would love it simply due to its name, and sooner or later some small child will take loud vocal exception to the sham as kids know fish is fish not some foo-foo/make sickeningly nice guilt free PC "name".

What about the poor defenseless bacteria and viruses? Who's advocating for them? All this focus on macro-fauna is really discriminatory! Maybe PETA should rename them too! Who would want to use anti-backitten soap? And forget taking an antibackittenic! Far better to let these living creatures reach their full life and population potential - no matter what the side effects on humans may be! Who knows, bacterial kittens could be just as intelligent (not to mention adorable) as dogs and cats, and may feel pain just as all animals do. Given the drastic situation for this country's bacterial kittenswho are often the victims of many major threats to their welfare and ways of lifeit's high time that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) stop allowing our little bacterial kitten friends to be tortured and killed.

Sea Kittens??????? Do they get hairballs?

I think the PETA folks have really gone round the bend! Pass the hot sauce & get me some more chips!

And what about shell fish!

Hey the wife & I are going out to dinner tonight! Red Lobster here we come!

And we need to Skewer the Pharmaceutical Companies as well. You know, they make "antibiotics", translation, "against life" materials.

Polio, Tuberculosis, Small Pox, they all need love and protection don't they? Hey, birds gotta fly, fish gotta swim and streptococcal bacteria need to multiply, can't we all just get along?

This isn't directly related to PETA but only to the general concept. I had a student who wanted to study populations of mice on islands. She was going to live-trap them and release them after being counted, identified, and weighed. After two years of innoculations and applications to the animal welfare committees, she gave up. I refuse to do research on anything in phylum Chordata because of this. I can literally torture insects, snails, and clams, etc. and no one cares.

I love fish.

If I catch a fish, I eat it as soon as I can. I try to keep them alive so they're fresh.

First I insert the tip of the blade in their anus and zip open their gut, pulling out by brute force all their internal organs so I can scan them for parasites. Then I quickly slice it up while it's still alive, sliding the blade carefully just under the skin and then along the ribs, extracting the filet often while the gill opercula are still moving, the eyes are still moving seeking an escape. Their bodies quiver in shock as the knife slices through their lateral line.

Sometimes I eat them without fileting them. Then, they writhe in agony as I scrape their scales off and then gut them. Then and at the very end, their body convulses violently when the blade cuts through the spine, severing the head. But sometimes, if they're small enough I just throw them, still moving, onto the hot surface of the pan, head and all. They respond to the searing heat with more convulsions as if to escape a terrible predator.

And then I enjoy the feast.

Edited part: just saw Trevorum's note. I'm worried about you, Trevorum.(This message has been edited by packsaddle)

Pack's fish story reminds me of how much I love fresh liver, preferably from a freshly killed lamb. Have the grill going and ready before you kill the animal, then pull out the liver as soon as you begin the slaughter and toss it on the grill. I'll tell you, it is really good!

Heh, heh, I've had my moments with people who see things differently. I still love fish. I treat lobstahs and crabs pretty much the way everyone else treats them. And what I do to fish isn't really any worse than what other people do. I might take a bit more pleasure in the dissections though.;)

We have a physiologiat who does action potential labs with living muscle tissue. The difficulty of dealing with frogs caused him to abandon that lab organism. His innovation was to take the same lab budget, buy live lobstahs from the grocery, do the experiments, and then eat the test subjects. Yum!:)

SMT, I hesitate to ask...do you ALWAYS cook them?

I'm reminded of the Massai whose diet includes milk mixed with fresh cow's blood. Mmmmmmmm.