I hear on the news that Sarah Palin may get a book deal. I don't remember the loser in an election ever getting this much attention, - except for Hillary Clinton, she won't go away either.

I wonder who Palin's ghost writer will be? Undoubtedly the book will sell millions and the Palins will reap the rewards. The conservative-leaning news shows will promote the book - the same news shows that slammed NBC for its video on Obama.

I wonder if Palin will still shop at her favorite consignment shop?

You could have slept a lot later before you started this thread, donchaknow.

If Sarah can make some money off of selling a book, more power to her. There's no skin off anyone's back for it so I wish her success. She's just taking advantage of an opportunity and the market, as you note, will probably be kind. I say 'go for it'.

Gwd, you mention that Hillary Clinton "won't go away either." I think that's a little different. She did help Obama win the election and her reward is apparently going to be the Secretary of State position. Regardless of whether you personally like her or not (and I personally don't, very much), she has "earned" the right to still be around, at least in a political sense. And I think she has the ability to be a good Secretary of State, if her (and her husband's) egos don't get in the way.

As for Sarah Palin, I agree with packsaddle. Youbetcha!

Unfortunately, I am an early riser and without much else to do at 5 am I like to get a few chuckles by reading the forum. Yeah, I'll stir the pot too a little bit at that early hour. My better nature doesn't start to kick in until much later in the day.

I don't begrudge the lady her chance to make a buck. Her launch into stardom from obscurity is a compelling story. Maybe her book will be filled with that good 'ol folksy Joe six pack common sense that endeared her to so many.

I, too, believe Hillary will make a good Secretary of State. What I meant by her not going away was all the news about her after she lost to Obama. She ran a great campaign? Really? She's still in massive debit to vendors. Obama owes his victory in the general election to Hillary? Really? She won it for him? Indeed, no loser in our history has ever campaigned as hard for a rival as she, but to say she is somehow owed something for that is ridiculous.

If Sarah Palin wants to write a book about the things that she did in her election campaign, then that is not going to be the worst. I mean comeon now, Michael Moore has written worse. And he has movies too.

If anyone on this forum was approached about writing a book about their experiences in scouting and was offered $1 Million, then I think most of the people here would probably go for it. What you do with the money is up to you.

So she has a way to make money. It is legal and her choice. If you have a problem with it, DON"T BUY THE BOOK!!!

President Obama is making jillions on a book and he has not accomplished anything of substance in his entire political career.

Bill Clinton is making bajillions (even more than jillions) speaking and writing books. And he single handedly did the most of any president (even Nixon) to bring disrespect on the office of President.

It's all about the money!

'Undoubtedly the book will sell millions and the Palins will reap the rewards. The conservative-leaning news shows will promote the book - the same news shows that slammed NBC for its video on Obama.'

And the liberal media will slam the book - The same shows that promoted the Obama video.

Isn't symetry a beautiful thing?