Man, listen to all the ultra conservatives in here whine and complain, lol. McCain lost this election over a year ago guys, his more of the same positions did not fool the American people, and the selection of Palin was the last nail in his coffin. You all watched history being made last night. The good old boy network is being dismantled piece by piece and the redneck right wing politics of old are disappearing forever. We have elected a president who will lead us into the future and not further into the past like the last eight years. The people have spoken!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BadenP wrote: Man, listen to all the ultra conservatives in here whine and complain, lol. McCain lost this election over a year ago guys, his more of the same positions did not fool the American people, and the selection of Palin was the last nail in his coffin. You all watched history being made last night. The good old boy network is being dismantled piece by piece and the redneck right wing politics of old are disappearing forever. We have elected a president who will lead us into the future and not further into the past like the last eight years. The people have spoken!

We will see. McCain was a hope to end government corruption. Obama will just be business as usual--he's only a new face to the corrupt Chicago politicians of the past and present. I hope I'm wrong, and good happens from Obama's presidency. I will give him a chance, at least until summer, to prove himself as something other than the same-old same-old.

I came to this forum truly trying to find out about boy scouts and now sadly, I will have to back out of this forum for a while. I will lurk but forget posting.

Those of you who are still spouting the "hate speak" including those in the McCain audience last night who booed when the name Obama was mentioned, need to seriously look in the mirror. I dont care who you voted for, as you ALL said in the last 8 years "have respect for the office".

Look I know lots of you live in Red States and maybe havent travelled much. This last June I was lucky enough to visit Chicago and have stood in the spot where Obama made history last night. I have now been to almost every large city in the US including Boston, Dallas, Seattle, Baltimore, DC, New Orleans, Miami, Denver and more. I have also been to Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean. I have also been lucky enough in the past to work with and get to know people all over the country in my past jobs. My favorite thing about travel is getting to go to where the natives not the tourists live. I have developed an appreciation of the diversity and colors of this country and its territories that make it great.

The reason that Obama won was exactly that. The reason that the Republicans lost is that people especially the YOUTH and the diverse section of our country (in California the non white population is approaching a majority) are tired of being preached at as to what is right and wrong.

This is a HUGE vote against the "old white guy" vote. Sorry, and remember I am happily married to an "old white guy". A white registered republican who voted for Obama and against prop 8.

The vote is saying "status quo is NOT okay".

I am so happy to live in the US. However I am very dissatisfied with the tone and undercurrent of this forum. I am frightened for the children of folks who would boo a new president.

I was 10 years old when Martin Luther King jr was shot. 2 months later my father died of a long battle with leukemia. One month after that Robert Kennedy was assasinated. This is a period of intolerance and sadness which is branded on my brain.

Scouting is about the kids having a good time, not about brainwashing kids to become the intolerant right wing of the future.

I leave you with the following quote from Martin Luther King Jr.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly. Never again can we afford to live with the narrow, provincial "outside agitator" idea. Anyone who lives inside the United States can never be considered an outsider anywhere within its bounds." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. in Letter from a Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963.

Please put your kids first and teach tolerance. You dont have to agree but please teach your kids so we are not doomed to repeat the past. And to paraphrase Jesus, love each other more than you love yourself, and he who is without sin, can cast the first stone.

take care - signing off.

"We have elected a president who will lead us into the future and not further into the past like the last eight years. "

We're always being led into the future, at least those of us who don't have a DeLorean.

Sorry but that comment of yours bordered on the idiotic.

Well said, Bob White.

BadenP, as I said the other day, liberals always resort to name calling when they can't make a logical argument, which is most of the time. You should really change your screen name, you know. You are calling yourself after a really right-wing, gun-toting, empire builder.

We'll see in the coming years what this man brings us.

ScoutmomSD wrote: I came to this forum truly trying to find out about boy scouts and now sadly, I will have to back out of this forum for a while. I will lurk but forget posting. Those of you who are still spouting the "hate speak" including those in the McCain audience last night who booed when the name Obama was mentioned, need to seriously look in the mirror. I dont care who you voted for, as you ALL said in the last 8 years "have respect for the office".

And most of us will.

Look I know lots of you live in Red States and maybe havent travelled much.

That is such a condescending comment. 

This last June I was lucky enough to visit Chicago and have stood in the spot where Obama made history last night. I have now been to almost every large city in the US including Boston, Dallas, Seattle, Baltimore, DC, New Orleans, Miami, Denver and more. I have also been to Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean.

I've been to most of those as well (haven't been to Seattle or Boston, though), as well as Europe and Asia, despite having been raised in two red states. 

I have also been lucky enough in the past to work with and get to know people all over the country in my past jobs. My favorite thing about travel is getting to go to where the natives not the tourists live. I have developed an appreciation of the diversity and colors of this country and its territories that make it great. The reason that Obama won was exactly that. The reason that the Republicans lost is that people especially the YOUTH and the diverse section of our country (in California the non white population is approaching a majority) are tired of being preached at as to what is right and wrong. This is a HUGE vote against the "old white guy" vote.

Probably so, however, to vote for a person for racial reasons alone is blatantly racist. 

Sorry, and remember I am happily married to an "old white guy". A white registered republican who voted for Obama and against prop 8. The vote is saying "status quo is NOT okay". I am so happy to live in the US.

We are happy to live here as well.  Most of us right wingers are a little hurt and disappointed today.  We see the free enterprise foundations of this country about to be lost because of voters like the woman in St. Petersburg who recently said that when Obama wins she will no longer have to pay her mortgate. 

However I am very dissatisfied with the tone and undercurrent of this forum. I am frightened for the children of folks who would boo a new president.

I agree totally about this.  However, it's not new.  GW Bush was booed in 2000 quite a bit. 

I was 10 years old when Martin Luther King jr was shot. 2 months later my father died of a long battle with leukemia. One month after that Robert Kennedy was assasinated. This is a period of intolerance and sadness which is branded on my brain. Scouting is about the kids having a good time, not about brainwashing kids to become the intolerant right wing of the future.

I agree that the intolerant right wing is wrong. However, I also don't think most right wingers are intolerant.  I am just as much against the intolerant left wing.

I leave you with the following quote from Martin Luther King Jr. "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly. Never again can we afford to live with the narrow, provincial "outside agitator" idea. Anyone who lives inside the United States can never be considered an outsider anywhere within its bounds." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. in Letter from a Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963. Please put your kids first and teach tolerance. You dont have to agree but please teach your kids so we are not doomed to repeat the past. And to paraphrase Jesus, love each other more than you love yourself, and he who is without sin, can cast the first stone. take care - signing off.

I agree. That was the writing of a great Republican, MLK.  Please make sure your party takes that into consideration. 

"Look I know lots of you live in Red States and maybe havent travelled much."

Ohhhh, typical left coast jab at the Midwest.

"This last June I was lucky enough to visit Chicago and have stood in the spot where Obama made history last night"

Oh goodness me, I have goosebumps.

"I have now been to almost every large city in the US including Boston, Dallas, Seattle, Baltimore, DC, New Orleans, Miami, Denver and more. I have also been to Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean."

So what? I've been to the White House and numerous embassies and sat across the table from Governors, Congressmen and Senators. Big deal.(This message has been edited by Gold Winger)(This message has been edited by Gold Winger)

I know old habits die hard and passions are running hot and deep on both sides right now, but perhaps a reminder is in order.

Scout Oath

On my honor I will do my best

To do my duty to God and my country

and to obey the Scout Law;

To help other people at all times;

To keep myself physically strong,

mentally awake, and morally straight.

Scout Law

A Scout is:

trustworthy

loyal

helpful

friendly

courteous

kind

obedient

cheerful

thrifty

brave

clean

and reverent

So, now we republicans are not well travelled? HaHa! I, too have been to most of the states in the US, so does that make me a democrat?

I live in Illinois and am appalled that a senator who did NOTHING for my state is now going to be president. Obama voted "present" over 100 times (I think the number is around 160) instead of taking a stand on issues. This insured that he would have very little "baggage" when he ran for president. So, he did nothing for Illinois, and it earned him the presidency. We have a very corrupt governor, and yet people still voted in more democrats. The Chicago political machine is so utterly corrupt that I don't know if it is fixable.

The only good thing I can say about Obama winning is that we were spared the rioting and bloodshed that likely would have occurred from Obama zealots if he had lost. I'm glad my party is made up of more stable people who don't resort to violence. Now, don't go claiming that the neo-nazis are republican, because we all know they would have been against a black republican just the same as a black democrat.

By the way, why is everyone denying Obama's white heritage? He is bi-racial and was raised by his white mother and grandmother, yet everyone insists he is black. What about his white heritage? It's too bad so many people were "blinded" by color, instead of looking at the issues. I guess this is reverse discrimination, where McCain lost because he is white.

Waa waa waa listen to all the crybabies, yes your guy lost and as ScoutMom said have respect for the office and the man that the majority of the people in this great country decided was the right leader for this difficult time in our history. This was an historic election with a record number of voters both brand new and long time, Republican and Democrat voting for Obama. So for all you RNUC's out there it is time to get aboard the train as your candidate suggested last night, or you can always move to Canada, eh. Reading some of the posts here makes me wonder what type of citizenship skills you might be teaching your scouts, can you say Intolerance and Bigotry.

Goldwinger- to reply to your statement, the only idiotic comments I read in this forum come directly from you on just about every topic.(This message has been edited by BadenP)

Look at things in this context: Nearly 150 years ago our nation was so divided that it split in two. We may still feel lingering effects of that conflict today, but the country is whole and has become a world power.

In four years we will have an opportunity to correct our nation's course if needed, or to continue with the new course we've charted, if that's our desire.

Whining won't help. In the words of my drill sergeant, "Suck it up and drive on!"