• Administrators

... regardless of the final outcome (and as of 8:30pm CST it already looks near certain), the real winner tonight is America. Record voters heard, record new voters involved.

The beauty of America is the ability to transcend, the spirit of America is hope for a better tomorrow than today.

We're blessed to live in the greatest country on earth, and amongst people who value freedom, justice and opportunity for all.

TERRY HOWERTON

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here ... here ... either way, if we don't like it, we can do it again in four years and that's the beauty of it! That's too bad that there are so many of us Americans who do not take full advantage of this freedom of choice! In my birthplace, people wish that they can do what we do, but they can't!

I have traveled the world and it always comes down to ... there is not a better place than the United States of America, land of free, home of the brave!

... now, I'm ready to share all of my debts with everyone in the US. ;)

how completely confusing...

uneducated voting isn't "winning". jimmy carter x 2 isn't a better tomorrow, it is a "how long before tomorrow (the next election) gets here?" and "wth were you folks thinking?". bush was re-elected because the repubs didn't learn from the past, now too many have voted "for change (no specifics mind you)". this country is blessed today, tomorrow, we will begin to see how many of those blessings will be stripped clean.

today, i actually heard one of the obama-zombies in line stating that if mccain won she'd be forced to leave the country. huh?

"today, i actually heard one of the obama-zombies in line stating that if mccain won she'd be forced to leave the country. huh?"

You don't have to worry about that. Remember all the celebs that said that they'd leave the country if Bush won? I recall one being "confused" about why we'd actually expect her to keep her word.

I'll be waiting for my big check which I figure should arrive on January 22nd.

• Administrators

Obama: "This victory alone is not the change we seek, it is only the chance for us to make that change."

My admiration goes to McCain, a man who showed grace and love of country in accepting defeat. I'm confident he will regain my respect as a great hero.

My awe goes to Obama, simple awe. The face of America has changed. Andrew Sullivan wrote in the Atlantic a year ago: "If you wanted the crudest but most effective weapon against the demonization of America that fuels Islamist ideology, Obamas face gets close. It proves them wrong about what America is in ways no words can." Tonight the President-elect sent a clear message that America has not forgotten 9/11, and he intends to finish the job left undone.

His story... where he started in life, also sends a message to kids that no words can. Starting tonight, no child in America should doubt they can grow up to be anything they want to be.

He enters the Presidency with what looks to be the biggest mandate in a generation, and daunting challenges as big as any our country has faced in a century.

And from the podium tonight, he embraced the same, simple refrain that started with his speech four years ago... there are boy scouts in the blue states, and boy scouts in the red states... black or white, gay or straight, rich or poor... America is one people with so much more in common than apart. In fact, the very concept of "states divided" was busted tonight.

Yes. We can. That is the message of America, and the right tone for American leadership in the world.

Those disappointed tonight have a right to high expectations and real skepticism, but please don't be too cynical... there's too much work to be done together, and been too much time wasted on the things that divide us.

TERRY HOWERTON

(This message has been edited by scouter-terry)

Scouter Terry you are an idiot.

If that is offensive I find your "America has not forgotten 9/11" very offensive.

If I drive my jet into Hamas HQ, killing innocent people and children visiting Grandma sitting in my plane, does that mean Hamas will stop burning our flag? Will Hamas "change"?

Winston Churchill did not bend to Hitler. FDR did not think the rape of Nanking was OK after Pearl Harbor.

Let's see if the "I'm not George Bush " line works on the rest of the world the way it did on 50 million Americans.

I'm all in favor of giving him as much of a chance as the "people" who threw food at the limo on 1/20/01.

Actually I don't think I can be that stupid. "Too much time wasted on the things that divide us" I think that THEY thought that time was well spent, heck you got the ball now let's see what you do with it.

If the rule of law prevails I'll be waiting for his illegal aunt to be sent to Kenya.

Let's see how we like the tax on imputed income 'cause it's a comin'.

• Administrators

America hasn't forgotten 9/11, and I'm anxious to punish the folks responsible for it. I think Obama's election will result in a more targeted and effective prosecution of that battle. I also think his election may do more to diffuse the spread of radical Islamist ideology (still the greatest threat in today's world) than any war. That's not because he's "not Bush", and I certainly don't expect any appeasement.

You're welcome to your opinion (obviously), but don't read into my words something that isn't there.

Now back to work... for five percent of America, there's a tax increase coming... I have some effort if I plan to be in that group next year. ;-)

TERRY HOWERTON

"Starting tonight, no child in America should doubt they can grow up to be anything they want to be."

Starting tonight? Until last night, children had that doubt? I guess Condi Rice, Colin Powell and Clarence Thomas don't count, since they are conservatives. And if you honestly mean that statement, shouldn't you say that no boys should doubt... since we still haven't elected a woman to either POTUS or VP?

Like the others, I will wait for my big check. I can use it to replace the window in my car that some thug smashed last night while it was parked in the church parking lot, during our Scout meeting. Maybe it will even be enough to cover the laptop computer the same thug stole. America! What a great country!