The Open-Minded, Tolerant Party

Someone mentioned how ugly the political race has gotten, especially at Republican rallies. This video shows Democrats in NY at their best, being tolerant and inclusive, open to ideas, ready to reach across the isle and work with the other party. Very enlightening. Enjoy!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yah, I dunno BA.

Doesn't seem much different from behavior at a sports rally, eh? Perhaps a little more polite ;). Da home team marches in, people cheer, da opposition shows up, people boo. A few are rude. Nature of crowds.

I'm more interested in what the candidates are doin', eh?

McCain has certainly cemented his image with the voters as bein' the "negative" candidate who doesn't address the issues. Shame because I still want to believe he's a better man than that. I'm with Bill Kristol, he should sack most of his campaign staff. They're more inept than the guys who worked for George H.W. in engineering the loss to Clinton.

I will say the video is typical of da neo-con crowd, though, with all its anti-intellectual quips. Used to be Republicans turned to intellectuals with strong credentials, like Kissinger. One wonders, after they've made everyone with an education or a Ph.D. out to be a bad guy, who they're goin' to turn to when faced with a complex problem, eh? Like da current financial mess?

Ah well. Maybe Palin can handle it.

Beavah

Beavah,

I don't know of too many sports teams who claim the mantle of being tolerant, inclusive, open-minded. I've attended more than my fair share of college sporting events, and can't say I've seen that many middle fingers in all of them, combined! But maybe that's just how we are here in the South.

As for party intellectuals and the financial mess, check out this video. Possibly some Obama cabinet members in the group? Listen carefully and you will actually here Obama's buddy, Franklin Raines, say that homes are "riskless investments." An Obama win, along with a Democratic House and Senate, is a very scary thought. Right now it looks like there is a high probability of that happening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs&feature=related

Finishing at the bottom of the class at the Naval Academy still puts him ahead of many who finish in the top 20% of a regular college.

Something that I've observed for years about liberals is that they are often rude but cry out for politeness. Ever watch a talk show with a liberal and a conservative? The conservative will (9 out of ten times) sit quietly while the liberal makes his point but when he starts to speak, 9 out of ten times, the liberal keeps butting in. The whole time the moderater sits and smiles.

I used to have a liberal friend who delighted in sending me jokes about gun owners and conservatives. I returned the favor and sent him a couple jokes about liberals. I was treated to a tirade about how offensive and stupid I was. Gee, I thought that we were friends.

I have a liberal co-worker who if you disagree with him on any topic, motorcycles, cars, politics . . . he just says "that's horse pukey" and walks away. Very open minded.

Liberals have infected our educational institutions as well. I learned early on that the only way to survive was to parrot what the instructor said during lecture. If you dared to hold a different view point he'd crucify you.

Liberals really do not welcome open and free exchange of ideas.

Everybody, take a deep breath.

The Inauguration of the Presidential election winner will be on January 20, 2009.

If Obama wins its not like on January 21rst Police stations will be collecting guns because of the mandatory surrender of arms Executive order signed by the new president. (not sure if that's even an issue, but humor me)

If McCain wins, its not like on January 21, 2009 all your health care benefits will be taxed (not sure if that's even an issue, but humor me)

We treat the elections as if the way of American life will change radically as of January 20.

The problem I see in the candidates is a mongering of fear, this guy is inexperienced to lead and thats bad, the other guy says this guy will tax your health benefits. What about what they each plan to do ? At least the Obama ads I have seen say something about "read my plan at something.org". Its a start, but if they can thumbnail the other guys plan, cant they do the same for their own?

GW,

You should have been in the adult area on the campout with me this past weekend. Our open-minded, tolerant and inclusive conservatives were in rare form.

Myself, I'm old school conservative......but I did take exception to their characterizations of Obama and his supporters. It's campaign season, I just sipped my coffee and enjoyed the view of the lake.

OGE, the Obama campaign has purchased 30 minutes of prime time for Wednesday October 29 on NBC and CBS (they are also trying to get ABC and Fox). Presumably, he will explain what he would do as president (there hasn't been an official comment on what it will be about, but that's a pretty safe guess).

Of course, in these times, since there is a lack of general social consensus on public values, "tolerance" really is only defined as: "let me do what I want to do."

So it lacks depth, to me, as a political principle. It has no content.

"Doesn't seem much different from behavior at a sports rally, eh? Perhaps a little more polite . Da home team marches in, people cheer, da opposition shows up, people boo. A few are rude. Nature of crowds."

I find sports fans to be generally obnoxious and rude and . . . stupid. Stupid? Yes. Why get all heated up over an athletic contest between professionals that have little connection to your community. It's not like they're your neighbors or that if they lose you'll be put into slavery. I especially like the idiots who say, "We beat the heck out of the Smoos on Sunday!" We? Were you on the field? Do you work for the team?

At least politics has some impact on your real life.

I have to agree with GoldWingers statement about having conversations with liberals. I never discuss politics with my brother because he shouts down any conservative views that I may espouse. Raising ones voices does not lend more strength to ones argument, dontchathink?

My CC came in to the meeting a few weeks ago and was saying how Sarah Palin was a 'stupid woman'. I'm sorry, but if you have to resort to name calling then your just a kid in the playground and your argument has no status with me.

If you cannot consider another persons point of view, no matter that you disagree with it, then you simply are not open minded nor tolerant.

I see this stuff every day. I work in San Francisco... that's where if you are white, you're wrong and if you're 'Right' you're wrong.

"I have to agree with GoldWingers statement about having conversations with liberals." And, "Liberals really do not welcome open and free exchange of ideas."

I could say the same thing about conversations I've "tried" to have with conservatives.

It is usually difficult to have a meaningful, reasoned, respectful conversation with someone with whom you disagree. You may think they are a raving lunatic. Chances are they are thinking the same thing about you.

"Ever watch a talk show with a liberal and a conservative? The conservative will (9 out of ten times) sit quietly while the liberal makes his point but when he starts to speak, 9 out of ten times, the liberal keeps butting in. The whole time the moderater sits and smiles."

Guess you don't watch Hannity much, do you? Perhaps he is the one in ten.