Just to record that in my area there is certainly no prohibition on scouter boys piercing their ears.

On these boards some say they don't like it on boys. Well, be that as it may, in my area scout leaders certainly don't stop it.

fella,

Ever hear of beating a dead horse? We've all been there already and discussed it to death. Move on.

As the nice policeman says when you pass an accident, "Move along people, nothing to see here!"

fella,

A week or two ago you dug up every thread in the forum that dealt with earrings and even a few threads that didn't and posted your views trying to reignite the discussion. As I said, the issue has been beat to death here in the forum. Find something else to discuss and move on.

Most people agreed that it is up to the individual and the chartering organization regardless of whether other scouts or scouters approve of them or not.

Since "a week or two ago" (as you say), an idea about Scouters in my area arose and I wanted to express it. If you don't agree with what I said (though in the past I've hardly been the only one to say something similar), that's fine.

fella,

If you want to indulge your obsession over ear rings, fine by me. I just find it odd that out of the 34 posts you've made in the past year, 31 concern ear rings. The issue has been beat to death in multiple threads on the forum, but if you think you can re-engage folks on a tired old subject, go for it. Bottom line in all of the discussions is that whether individual people in scouting like them or not, there is nothing in BSA policy that prohibits them unless the chatering organization set their own policy. End of story. What else do you want to discuss about it that is new?