Do not like foreign food? -- UK says you could be a racist

Wow... That is one of the dumbest things, I have ever seen or read. How can something like taste, determine if you are (not) a racist? I hope the children, or organization don't get reprimanded for something as stupid as this.

-Edit:

It's nice and all that they are trying to work on any racism issues, but when you think about how many people (especially toddlers, or kids in general) can you name, that enjoy every type of food out there and aren't in the least bit picky over what they eat. I can't name a single person.(This message has been edited by MichaelOA)

Seriously speaking, I've watched the whole growth of political correctness, and I believe it is EXTREMELY dangerous.

(a) It makes tolerance the only social value. . . superior to such things as freedom of conscience and freedom of speech. It is chilling to see basic and essential freedoms get stepped on, so willy-nilly, in the pursuit of an elusive and definition-changing "tolerance."

If we forget our essential values, we lose them.

(b) It makes us dumb. We intentionally avoid or ignore important things.

I'm a political moderate, determinedly so. But here, those conservatives seem to me to have the better of the arguments out there.

I agree with Mr. Boyce that political correctness is VERY dangerous. I disagree that it damands tolerance - it demands acceptance. It demands not that society tolerate all life styles as is largely done now but that society endorse those lifestyles as perfectly acceptable 'alternatives'. Some speech is now banned as 'hate' speech - some of the comments here are less than polite should we be picked up? I have a legal responsibilty to tolerate my fellow citizens but I do not have to like them or say nice things to them. I have the right to assemble and as a private group exclude any group that I wish. (Note: I do not belong to a country club though an avid golfer because I do not agree with some of the membership exclusions). Crimes against some groups are elevated to a higher level because of a classification - so some people are more protectd than others, is that a fundamental that we are founded upon? We should all fight political correctness before our rights to disagree with it are stripped from us!!

Traditional tolerance is that I accept your right to believe and live as you see fit, so long as it does not impenge on the rights, safety, etc. of others.

"New" tolerance has addopted the meaning that I have to accept your beliefs as equally valid and true as I believe that mine are. Kind of a ridiculous concept actually.(This message has been edited by pack212scouter)