Westboro Baptist church is at it again

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The point is there are lots of different folks with lots of different experiences that dont see the logic."

Yep, back in the 1800s there were a lot of folks that didn't see the logic of letting black folks go free. In the 1900s there were folks that didn't see the logic in letting women vote (I still don't see the logic there). Nowadays there are folks who just don't see the logic of letting kids go to school instead of working in factories.

If you believe you are right, sometimes you have to keep shouting from the rooftops even if everyone ignores you.

Barry, don't tell me you think that the twin cities police are not likewise spending large amounts of money in preparation for the Republican convention. Any big gathering attracts its share of shouting idiots. Balancing 1st amendment rights against public oder has never been an easy task but let's not delude ourselves into thinking that either party's followers (or detractors) are, as a group, more well-mannered than the other.

>>Barry, don't tell me you think that the twin cities police are not likewise spending large amounts of money in preparation for the Republican convention. Any big gathering attracts its share of shouting idiots. Balancing 1st amendment rights against public oder has never been an easy task but let's not delude ourselves into thinking that either party's followers (or detractors) are, as a group, more well-mannered than the other.

Barry, my friend...

Breathe in, breathe out, repeat....

Yes, the Denver convention has been the most recently reported on. Even so, Lisa is right... the folks in Minnesota are prepping for the fun and frolics which will be visited upon them!

I think we all learned our lesson after Chicago 1968.

What IS sin anyway? How is sin different from, say, breaking the law, doing something thoughtless, or making a terrible mistake? Is there a scale of big ones (really bad ones) at one end and little ones (not so bad ones) at the other? Please explain in detail.

Here are some examples to consider. Is it a sin:

for Gern to scratch his butt in public? (I'm really hoping private is OK;))

for a restaurant to knowingly return an unused glass to the shelf without washing it?

for a restaurant employee to return to work without washing her hands in the bathroom?

for a person to 'double dip' at a party?

for a little boy to scare the creeps out of his sister at Halloween?

for a group of boys to prank a newbie with the old snipe hunt thing?

for a group of boys to short sheet their scoutmaster?

for a group of boys to throw the shoes from another troop onto the roof of the dining hall?

for me to notice that an enemy's tire is flat and say nothing?

for me to think of someone else as an enemy?

for Ed to give me a hug when we meet?

for Ed to give me a big smooch when we meet?

for me to think of thoughts, deeds, and actions in terms of sin?

" remodeling their male bathroom stalls to avoid a repeat of the Idaho senator caper. "

There are male bathroom stalls? I thought that stalls were sexless, primarily because they are inanimate and partly because English has very few nouns with gender. Wow! Learn something new every day.

You were. Apparently, it doesn't work all the time. I'll try again.

You don't get it do you? Stalls are neither male nor female, they are just stalls. You could say men's stalls or women's stalls and be accurate.

You probably like to point at the president and laugh at his command of English. Sheesh!

Bye, bye.

Wow, Gern! Someone has you on Ignore! That's like a badge of honor around here, right?

Can we tell how many people have us on Ignore?

I wonder if anyone has me on Ignore?

Hello, out there!

Hello?

Hello?