Coming to a school near you on April 25 - "day of silence"

I haven't heard of this either but I'll sure look for it on campus now. If the idea is to stop the negative stuff, and I think I read it the same way Trevorum does, I support it.

Coincidentally, my students were having a discussion about me today and they mentioned that they didn't expect me to have any fashion sense. I asked why, feigning indignance. They noted that they would have thought I was gay if I paid much attention to fashion and style. To which I asked if anything was wrong with that.

The women didn't have a problem at all. The guys were mixed in their opinions. Interesting.

Friday, I may put on some eye shadow to see their reactions. Heh, heh, I am liking this idea more and more now that I think about it.

Man, it is so good to be in a position of complete freedom to do stuff and not worry about getting fired or anything!

My wife, who is an EA at by two sons grade school had also heard this and along with several other teachers approached the Principle about it. He agreed that it is not the appropriate place for such discussions/statements, and has agreed that his school will NOT participate in this.

FScouter

Easy there. I have noted several veterans here. I just don't want your comment to be taken the wrong way.

But I do understand your train of thought. I think that we are getting WAY too out of hand for all the different days that we need a day for. I think that sometimes there ends up being so many things to remember that we forget some of the important things.

How about "Go Play in the Yard Day"

And as a side note, May is National BBQ month, so lets fire 'em up