Coalition to Save the Philadelphia Scouts

I think this is a worthwhile project because I think Scouting is a great organization.

I think it is interesting that only two people from Pennsylvania have signed the petition, and everyone else is from out of state. If the state's own citizens do not pressure their government officials then nothing is going to change there.

I've posited this before, I suspect that the Cradle of Liberty Council is really just giving token opposition to this whole issue. They are stuck in a "in perpetuity" Lease that they can't break without incurring major expenses to break - and now have an opportunity to get out of what has become an albatross hanging around its neck without incurring any costs, and with artful manipulation of the conservative right wing, a means to raise a few bucks in the process. From what we know from CoL posters in the forum, most of the operations of the Council are being performed out of a modern building in Vally Forge. CoL doesn't need this building in Philadelphia. It appears the only people that need this building are right wing agitators from outside the city - its become their cause celebre.

Is it surprising that only two people in Pennsylvania have signed on? Not to me, as I suspect the real Scouters in Philadelphia understand the back stories and have heard from their Council that this is not actually a bad thing.

Calico