• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shocked? My daily commuter is the Audi when the weather doesn't allow me ride the Interceptor. The truck is for scout outings, plowing and special needs. Rarely leaves the corral, and when she does, every seat belt is used quadrupling my effective mileage.

I think my Audi gets better average mileage than most. Not as good I could get in say a Prius, but still much better than all the SUVs I pass.

Got my eye on taking a Beetle, Spitfire or Toy pickup and converting to electric. Would be a cool father/son project but early research indicates about $14k for the conversion kit, not including the donor car.

BTW, if you get 26MPG in a Detroit Iron family truckster, you could teach those high mileage guys some of your tricks.

Not yet. But give it a few more years of conservative rule and numbscull energy policy and all these alternative ideas will suddenly make financial sense. Just need incentive. Americans are very imaginative.

GW, go rent "Who Killed the Electric Car". Don't worry, I don't think Al Gore even makes a cameo in it.