so how do you make a living then?

Video Production editor for the last 15 years or so. Most of the time I cut commercials, but I also piece together a medical news magazine style show, plus instructional and corporate informational bits.

And no, the commercials really aren't louder...we're just good at making you think that

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been a wildlife biologist in the private sector for the last 10 years. Prior to that I was a Park Ranger at an Army Corps of Engineers resivoir.

All of the MB's I earned at the Nature Area lead me into this job.

Lauwit

I'm a junior in college, majoring in public relations and double minoring in sociology and advertising.

I explained to my adviser that I want to work in the non-profit sector, specifically the BSA and he inquired why I wanted to reside in a cardboard box.

I didn't think there were that many other students/professors on the boards. Cool!

Good post Lisa Bob -- Sorry if I offended you with my humor on the career thing.. I have issues with Poly Sci people (esp Prof's - another story if you dare want to PM)

Now my 3MD "main money makin' duty"..

I work for one of the several vast right wing conspiracy groups - getting paid to annoy left wing Scouters so bad that they'll eventually split off into their own organization and leave the BSA be.

Naw - not really - Right now I lead programs for an outfit that builds and launches rockets with gadgets that most of the time do what they're supposed to do..but I guarantee my next "job" will be to live in (and off) the wilderness as much as I possibly can.

Nessmuk the Rocket scientist!

Oh!! By the way.. Be advised that the explanation for how a wing generates 'lift' in the WEBELOS handbook (Scientist) is pure myth? Make sure you do some research before you teach em that one. I have not passed the comment onto National book people , but I gotta believe somebody else has beat me to it..