DOES OUR CONCEPT OF MANILINESS MATTER?

Men by Martin Mull & Steve Martin (1977)

It's great to be on a ship with men and sail across the sea, oh,

We don't know where we'll land or when, but it's great to be with men.

'Cause men can sweat and men can stink and no one seems to care, oh,

We'll throw the dishes in the sink and clog the drain with hair, oh!

(And clog the drain with hair, oh!)

Men, men, men,

We're a ship all filled with men,

So batten down the ladies' room, there's no one here but men!

There's men above and men below and men down in the galley,

There's Butch and Spike and Buzz and Biff and one guy we call Sally!

(And one guy we call Sally!)

Men, men, men,

We're a ship all filled with men,

You'll never have to lift the seat, there's no one here but men!

We're men and friends until the end and none of us are sissies,

At night we sleep in separate beds and blow each other kissies!

(And blow each other kissies!)

Men, men, men,

we're a ship all filled with men,

So throw your ******* overboard, there's no one here but men!

Amen (prounounced "Ahhhhh, men!")

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohhh Pappy, you cannot get me down to your level. Have fun tring.

As for being sexist (ROFL -I have no earthly idea how you came to that conclusion. If you ask anyone who knows me you would find out how truly funny that is.

Another one for manliness - resulting to insults when they start to loose.

Hey, yall, do you think I am sexist? Truth now I like opinions even when they differ. (as long as it is not a long diatribe of someone elses points of view) And no insults, they detract from the discussion.

(This message has been edited by firekat)

edited to try to get smiliy to work(This message has been edited by firekat)(This message has been edited by firekat)

Last attempt I promise....(This message has been edited by firekat)

GW -- You mentioned Carlos Hathcock! ... Wow! now there's some bio to study for today's scouts.. Some good books below...

Much about being a "man" can be very well learned through reading great stories ancient and modern about great men.. These are the books the feminists/libs/revisionists wish to keep out of our schools...

And of course our sons and other boys learn about being a man from US! and that is a great repsonsibility..

One of my favorite handbooks on the matter I keep reading.. "Raising a Modern Day Knight" by Robert Lewis - full of great and meaningful stories and yet a handbook too.. The handbook for a modern day knight is in fact the Bible and these are the ten ideals listed:

1 Loyalty

2 Servant Leadership

3 Kindness

4 Humility

5 Purity

6 Honesty

7 Self Discipline

8 Excellence

9 Integrity

10 Perseverence

Interesting to ALL of us Scouters should be the Chapter on the Importance of CEREMONIES in a boy's entry to manhood.

You don't have a devout Christian to appreciate this book ! Highly rec it..

Second book I would reccomend to you all.. "Boys . Shaping Ordinary Boys into Extraordinary Men" William Beausay II -- Lots of good stuff here and some of it good Scouting related since the author was a scout leader too..

OK and then there's that poem that is with me constantly./. All Scouters would be very well served to learn this and recite it with the boys..

Kipling's "IF"

I had a Nightmare last night.

I was in a pretty bad car wreck. I wake up in a strange bed.

The room I now find myself in is very neat and well ordered. Hanging on the wall are pictures of firemen all posing in front of fire trucks and rescue vehicles. A firemans helmet and axe also hang on the wall, along with a perfectly pressed Cub Scout uniform sealed in plastic wrap.

I can't feel my legs, and looking up over my covers I realize that they aren't there.

That is when Fire-Cat bursts into the room with a big smile and a hot bowl of Hungry-Man soup on a tray with a little yellow rose..

She says in a big Texas drawl -"Well good mornin Pappay! Everyone in the for'm sends dare reegards, and wanted me to git you all bayter and back to Scouter as soons'as was humaynly possble.

I awake in a cold sweat........

Pappy

(This message has been edited by Pappy)(This message has been edited by Pappy)

Hmm Pappy ..I recall that statement by Lisa Bob. I was scrtchin my head too.

. Just what productive or culturally beneficial purpose is served by a "professional political scientist" anyway? Never even heard of anyone who called themselves a "pro poly sci" -- an I used to work in DC !!

"That will be $2.79. Please drive forward to the window."

Don't worry about Pappy, OGE. That post just shows that Pappy does not know how to deal with kindness. Have y'all noticed...Pappy is the only one who cannot get my SN correct? A bit of buried anger toward strong, intelegent women maybe? I am begining to put his age as early twenties. Still in the teenage belife that he knows more than anyone else. He has not move to the level that admits older people know things that he does not. He does not seem to know how to ask for input when there is a problem so he acts as if he is not wrong - everyone else is. So he defeneds his stance any what he can, even the insults. Hopefully he will grow in time.