DOES OUR CONCEPT OF MANILINESS MATTER?

"You guys all sound pretty gay to me, but I won't assume you are homos. And if you were, I wouldnt think any less of you."

Pappy, do you have any clue how derogatory this is? Do you often go around calling people "homos"? Personally, I couldn't give a rip what you think about me or my orientation. But you certainly proved my point.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, it was more fun talking about 'ilk'. ;)

Pappy can call me anything he wants and I'm fine with it. He couldn't come close to what my wife can do.

But Dan, "Pack, the lack of concern for your tenture seems to be related to the presence of a Y chromosome in your genome."

Or...it could be that I'm old so it doesn't much matter what happens anymore.

You know what I call this? I call it 'freedom', perhaps even 'liberation'. I can do or say pretty much anything that comes to mind and people here just chalk it up to the cantankerous old guy. I DO so much want to be a successful curmudgeon like 'you-know-who' on these forums. :)

Can we go back to the Benevolent Protective Order of Ilks? I'm kinda getting to like the sound of the ol' BPOI. :) I keep hearing Groucho Marx in my head talking about the "ilks running when they find out it's only a waterhole. What they're looking for is an ilkohol!"

I think I could use a little ilkohol right now.

I dunno, I'm not so sure about the BPOI. I've heard tell that we ilks are downright dangerous sorts, or at the very least, that we are destructive in nature (destructive of what, I'm not entirely sure - have to work on that). So I think that raises real questions about whether or not we are either benevolent or protective. I'm ok with the "Order" part although I'm not sure we're really a very orderly group.