See you next election cycle!!!!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lisa,

What about a primary system that allows anyone who wants to grab a ballot for one party so a weaker candidate is the choice over the persons true party, and vice versa of course

Hops, or anyone, you might want to look up why Primaries are structured the way they are, a lot is based on the 68 Democratic Convention. Do you remember/have you heard?

Though your brother's bound and gagged

And they've chained him to a chair

Won't you please come to Chicago

Just to sing

never said they "fell out of the sky" TS. And in point of fact some of the supers may be appointed rather than elected officials. But that is not really the issue. The question is, how much power and control are party bigwigs willing to surrender to ordinary voters? (going back to 1968 here) I find it interesting that the answer from the Dems is "less than the Republicans" in some respects. That is noteworthy when the Democrats seek the mantle of "friend to the little man" (to quote one of my favorite, if fictional, politicians!)

ETA: OGE, I know open primaries where any registered voter can vote in either party primary give candidates and parties fits. Living as I do in a state that has open primary laws, I kind of like them though, if only for the reasons you describe, heh heh. Let the sabotage begin.(This message has been edited by lisabob)

I didn't know any superdelegates were appointed.

I didn't say you said they fell out of the sky. It seems like some want to make people believe that.

I guess I have more faith in the big wigs. They picked a couple of good ones for a century and a half eh? And I am a Republican - so I am sure they would not have picked McCain.

LOL OGE, pronouns can be such trouble. I meant Segretti, who was a senior adviser or something like that to McCain's 2000 campaign. Kind of funny to think that the "straight talk express" would employ such a twisted talker. So, to rephrase and try again: What is SEGRETTI doing now? I wonder if he's working for McCain this time too? (He is still alive, right?)

My favorite story thus far:

California Secretary of State de-certified the touch-screen voting machines in several counties ... THAT PRINTED A PAPER BACKUP OF THE VOTED PEOPLE/POSITIONS!!!

I think it was on NPR where they said Riverside County, CA had to go back to true paper and rubber-stamp X's.

My county uses mark-sense balloting: Just like the SATs or ACT, you fill in the space on a paper ballot. Scanner scans; votes uploaded. At the end of the voting period, election officials pull a USB chip and drive it to the County seat. The data gets uploaded.

We generally have News at 10!