See you next election cycle!!!!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gwd - by "suspending" instead of "quitting" candidates get to keep their delegates but this is all a show and nobody who has "suspended" would have a serious chance if they rescinded their suspension anyway, so in reality it is a done deal - Romney is out.

What will happen is that Romney's delegates get to go to the convention as "uncommitted" delegates. If Romney endorses someone else then there might be some pressure on his delegates to support that person at the convention. If he doesn't endorse someone else then they will choose for themselves whom to support at the convention.

As for Coulter, I about snarfed my coffee when I heard her say that the other day! I'm pretty sure Clinton will graciously decline her offer of assistance. And (being a Democrat) I think it is quite amusing to watch the Republican party eat its own candidate.

Isnt McCain for amensty for illegal aliens? A few years back wasnt there a quote attributed to him about how hard the illegals work? That McCain would pay 50 dollars an hour to pick some crop and that regular Americans wouldnt do it?

If McCain is a conservative, why are so many Republicans disheartened by his apparent success in getting the nomination?.

On the other hand, Donald Rumsfeld and Michael Moore (the Fahrenheit 911 one) are both Eagle Scouts, what has that to do with presidential qualifications?

Thanks LisaBob for clearing up that delegate thing for candidates that suspend/withdraw from the race. I listened to the news, but none of the commentators was very clear about delegates going as uncommitted to the convention. Makes sense.

It is indeed amusing to watch all the kvetching from the likes of Coulter, Limbaugh, and the Republication party. I thought their party loyalty was stronger than that.

Did anyone catch the little item about McCain's vote, or rather non-vote, on the economic stimulus bill and giving rebate checks to social security recipients and disabled veterans? He'd look bad no matter which way he voted, so he just didn't vote at all.

I beleive there is a distinction between being loyal to a political party and then loyal to your principles. Limbaugh, Coulter, etc purport to be Conservatives first and Republicans second and are complaining that "their" party is being taken away from them. Then again, if its the will of the people, how can that be bad?

Old Grey Wise One,

The will of the people is only as good as the people whose will is being expressed.-- Unless of course you were being facetious.

If we left it completely up to the will of the people we would be demanding more and more largess and end up like the girly-men across the pond.

But I defer to Comrade Lisa Bob, she is the expert on these matters, ---even if she is a self-avowed Commie-lover.

Pappy

Yeah, the big tent Republican party sure does seem to move it around now and then. They moved it from over me back in the 90s, leaving me out in the cold. Now it seems to be coming back, leaving the Coulters and Limbaughs outside. Seems like a healthy move. Might even keep the Republicans from going down the same drain as the Whigs.

I am an independent voter. I am the type of voter that the Democrats and Republicans must convince to vote as they dont have enough members to elect anyone on their own. Unless of course you are talking about Chicago.

I love to hear people talk about how COnservative they are and talk about how independent thinking they are and then talk about how the "drive by media" handled a story. So, being an Independently minded person means they quote a right wing talk show host. People can quote who they want if they want, just dont use someone elses words and tell me you are an independent thinker.

Lisa,

Of course we Republicans are getting ready to watch Barack and Hillary spend the next four months slamming at each other.

If the "super-dooper-delegates" are the ones who make the call, whichever nominee the Democrats give, you can bet your bottom dollar the ads will focus on the back-room-back-scratching deals :)

So yes, watching Ann Coulter can be entertaining... but so can the Hillary's in Trouble show... :)

Best thing is, we get to use all this muck to explain why voting is important for Cit in Nation kids...

The difference, John, is that most Democrats are reasonably happy with either of the two major candidates, while the same cannot be said of the Republican party's willingness (at present) to unify around McCain.

However I think that will change and most Republicans will reconcile themselves to McCain over the next few months. All this talk about how "liberal" McCain is makes me laugh. Yes he's a little to the left of Attila the Hun but he's no liberal. The other day I heard someone describe his current views on abortion (severe limitations except in rape, incest, life of mother situations) as "liberal," equating his stance with "baby killing anti-life types." Ouch. If that's liberal, I shudder to know what people think is conservative? But the mass hysteria will pass I think (hope).