A Christmas Poem

I love the poem! And oh how true! If it wasn't for Christ, we wouldn't have Christmas regardless of when it is celebrated.

boorish invective - great terminology! Applies to you well, Merlyn.

Ed Mori

1 Peter 4:10

So Gonzo1, I see you have a mean streak. I like that. ;)

My daughter says I'm crusty with a soft center. She uses the term, 'cream puff'. I'm not sure I like that one very much though. Do they still make golf balls with liquid cores? :)

Anyway, we have things covered pretty well this year. My son was fanatical about slickdeals.com and some other sites I don't even remember. So he near about flooded us with freebies this year.

(for example, you can go to the Juicy Juice web site and print coupons for free 64 oz bottles of Juicy Juice. No purchase required. I have been known to stop at three different stores, 4 jars each, and I've managed to keep the class supplied with free juice... no need to tell the JJ people about this, the coupons expire in a few days anyway...besides the school doesn't have the money to pay for stuff like that)

But I bet there are classrooms somewhere near you (I think you need to find a Title 1 school) and children nearby who could use a little attention.

My daughter-in-law's students lives are fragile and even while many of them live under incredibly hard circumstances, they are quick to smile and they want to learn with such enthusiasm. They are among the few children I know who are ecstatic if you give them an apple or something like that. I don't see how anyone could turn their back to these kids (I guess this is why I like cub scouts so much). Oh well, time to go practice my lines...Ho, ho, ho!

:)