Where have i been? I wish i knew about this site years ago! Oh yea, i've been at Pack Com. Meetings, Troop Com. Meetings, Popcorn Com. Meetings, Leader Trainings, Pack Meetings, Troop Meetings, Campouts and Roundtables to name a few!

I've recently caught up with LauraT who graciously steered me over here. I really like all the activity here!

As far as about me, i have 2 sons 14 and 10. On the pack side I've been a Cubmaster for 4 years (Den Leader and Webelos Leader prior to that). I've also been with a GREAT troop for the last 3 years as Com. Mem., MB Counselor and Religious Counselor. Last year i got roped into Coun. Popcorn Com. (i'm the kernal for pack and troop), although i really like it alot because i meet alot of people during pick-up! I have been asked to be a unit commissioner (declined), and just last week Coun. Leader Training Com. Oh yea, 2 years ago i started an un-official club called Pub Scouts ;). I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

YiS

Sparkie

Welcome, Sparkie! Met you last night in the chat room! I was amazed at the ton of information this resource provides. It's like an instant Roundtable! Some of the threads get pretty emotional and intense sometimes, so a thick skin is required...it's not for the faint of heart! Scout Oath and Law are in effect, and we try to keep things on a friendly, professional level.

YIS

I am a religious counselor for the Ad Altare Dei medal, it is for the Roman Catholic Faith. I was also recently (re-trained) for the NEW Pope Pius XII program (you have to be in H.S. to start this one). If you are not of the RC faith, i know there are many faith medals available. If you let me know what faith you are with, i can check on the appropriate medal for you.

Sparkie

Glad to see you made it, Sparkie!

This board has been a wonderful resource for me and for my troop - SOMEBODY here always has an answer that relates!

As Scoutldr said - sometimes we can get pretty "into" our perspective on things, and sometimes "differing points of view" get heated -but that just shows the passion for scouting most of us have.

But the more, the merrier!

YIS

LauraT