Philly raises scouts rent $199,999/year

"Probably just as well. When was the last time yeh heard of a legislature actually payin' attention to data when making a decision, anyways"

Paying attention to the latest poll or how many people called to state their position to an issue is done. Whether ot not it relates to the facts of the issue is irrelevant

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll pass on commenting about the homophobia and child molestation angle. I see those as red herrings which just divert attention from the real issue.

BSA is entirely within their rights to decide who is and isn't a good role model for youth, and they decided a long time ago that homosexuality goes against being morally straight and therefore isn't consistent with the qualities sought for adult role models.

There are plenty of straight adults who have no business being leaders, and I'm sure you can make a case for there being plenty of upstanding citizens who happen to be gay yet are excellent role models. That may be the case, but it still isn't consistent with the qualities that BSA is seeking for adults. Failure to remove poor examples of role models doesn't justify the BSA changing its standards. (This message has been edited by a staff member.)