An Inconvenient Lie?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

funscout you still miss the point, Gore never stated this was his theory rather it was the concensus of a number of scientists who have been studying this issue for decades, it IS NOT his own theory, otherwise I would agree with you. Gore has been studying with these guys for years and the first to compile all their studies into one volume written for the layman instead of scientists as they have been in the past. People need to wake up to this very real and serious problem and not try to hide their ignorance behind political banner waving as some in this thread have done.

...............and then everyone passed gas to see if the effect reversed itself!

Al Gore never won the election! Al Gore was never the Presidents of the USA! Al Gore didn''t invent the internet! Al Gore can''t dance! These are all facts we must live with!

Ed Mori

1 Peter 4:10

Trev,

The prize has become purely political. The committee admitted when it gave the award to Carter, they did so to throw rocks at Bush.

"The Norwegian Nobel Committee contrasted Carter''s success in finding peace between Egypt and Israel through diplomacy with President Bush''s vow to oust Saddam Hussein, by force if necessary.

"It (the award) should be interpreted as a criticism of the line that the current administration has taken," said Gunnar Berge, the Nobel committee chairman. "It''s a kick in the leg to all that follow the same line as the United States."

This is just the same thing with Gore - pure politics. Am I proud of him for winning a political award for making a seriously flawed movie, based on "consensus science"? Uhh....no.

Looks like I''m not the only one who feels this way.

Gore''s prize: A fraud on the people

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Gore''s+prize%3A+A+fraud+on+the+people&articleId=c55c0e3e-f569-4b50-83f6-8431bde279dd

Five Norwegians gave a prize to Al Gore, and all the world is supposed to heed his counsel henceforth. No, thanks.

Alfred Nobel felt horrible about the uses to which his invention -- dynamite -- was put. So he endowed the Nobel Peace Prize and instructed that it go "to the person who shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between the nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses."

Al Gore has done exactly none of those things.

Gore, however, did write a book and make a film about global warming. He has become the second environmental activist to win the peace prize in the past four years. Wangari Muta Maathai won it in 2004 for planting trees.

Thus we have indisputable confirmation that the Nobel Peace Prize is no longer a serious international award. In 1994 the five Norwegian politicians who award the prize gave it to the murdering thug Yasser Arafat. Two years before that they gave it to literary fraud Rigoberta Menchu, whose autobiography was largely fabricated. (An example: The brother she supposedly watched die of malnutrition was later found by a New York Times reporter to be very much alive and well.)

On Friday the prize was given to Al Gore and the International Panel on Climate Change. Two days before, a British judge ruled that Gore''s film, "An Inconvenient Truth," contained so many errors (read: lies) that it could be shown in British public schools only if accompanied by a fact sheet correcting the errors.

The Nobel Peace Prize is worse than a joke. It''s a fraud. It is such a transparent fraud that the five Norwegian politicians who award it have been reduced to defending their decision by concocting elaborate rationalizations. This year they laughably claimed that Gore deserves the prize because, well, global climate change" may induce large-scale migration and lead to greater competition for the Earth''s resources," and "there may be increased danger of violent conflicts and wars." (Emphasis ours.)

And Islamic terrorists may give up jihad and sing Kumbaya after listening to old Cat Stevens records. But that''s no basis for distributing the world''s formerly most prestigious prize.

If winning this useless medal prompts Al Gore to get into the presidential race, which we doubt, the irony will be that the American people will turn a more skeptical eye to His Smugness than the Nobel committee did.

The American public won''t accept at face value Gore''s self-righteous proclamations or his self-serving predictions of looming global catastrophy. And Gore has to know that, which is why he will almost certainly stick to the world of make-believe -- Hollywood and International Do-Goodery -- where he can pretend to be the great sage and savior he wishes he really were and left-wing Europeans and thespians try to convince us he is.

Brent

Your poor, faulty logic combined with your seriously flawed understanding of this entire topic would be humorous if it wasn''t so sad and tragic. You and funscout and ED are in a serious need of a reality check. Once again these were not Al Gores personal theories but those of some very prominent award winning scientists, why don''t you try reading the book. Your critizing of the Nobel Prize smacks of the isolationist rhetoric spouted prior to WWI, it was ridiculous then and even more absurd today, so grow up we live in a global society and that is a reality, get used to it.

Trevorum, I agree with you, I never cease to be amazed by some of the illogical postings I read in here.

Sorry, but the Nobel Peace Prize has always had a dubious history...

Ghandi, who epitomizes the concept of peace, wasn''t worthy, despite being nominated several times.

Yet others who were horribly anti-Semetic, including Arafat and Cordell Hull, managed to "win" the prize.

For those who don''t know, Hull lobbied to block the entry of 950 Jewish refugees into the US; they were ultimately forced to return to Europe, and most wound up in Nazi concentration camps.

Al Gore never had an original thought in his entire life~ And he is awarded a Nobel Peace Prize for penning a book about something there is no proof is actually happening! Just like evolution! Total farce!

Ed Mori

1 Peter 4:10

The polarization of opinions on some of these issues continuously astounds me. It is a little scary to think that some posters have so little ability to evaluate possible other opinions. How does that affect their ability be fair when acting as counselor for challenges within their groups? Being able to listen and make reasoned decisions on things is one of the things I would hope we can demonstrate to our scouts.

An obdurate inflexibility is not the best example we can give.

ED

I am beginning to see that Merlyns opinion of how you "can''t seem to learn anything" is even more accurate than I ever imagined. What a horrible example to set for your scouts. I am through debating such foolish nonsense with you, Brent and some of the other posters who so obviously lack any kind of real education or even basic common sense.

Skeptic you are so right in your comments. It really saddens me that these kind of people are leaders in scouting. The only "Inconvenient Lie" here is what is posted by Brent, ED, funscout, and a few others. It really makes me wonder about the future of scouting with leaders such as these. So have at it gentleman I am through wasting my time on this thread.