32nd Annual Clearwater Festival in Asbury Park, NJ

Over the week end I worked as a helper for a vendor at the 32nd Annual Clearwater Festival held at Sunset Park in Asbury Park, NJ. Put on by the Monmouth County Friends of Clearwater it is NJ Largest Enviro Festival.

It was a great time, Al Stewart performed (Year of the Cat) amoung local bands and there were many many "causes" and groups there. The Clean Up Shark River Coalistion was next to the Defend the Wildlife exhibit hard by the NJ Peace Action Society close to the Vegan booth.

I think there were a lot of dedicated people there, showing that our society has a lot of motivated people. I did want to ask the Peace Society how we are to make peace with people who want us dead, but I held off. The Vegan society had barkers who claimed that "Going Vegan was Natures Way", I wanted to ask if a lion bringing down a gazelle on the Serengeti was then unnatural, but I didn't.

Perhaps the most striking thing about the week end was the weather, beautiful cool breezes all day Saturday and on Sunday it was downright chilly most of the day until a full rain storm moved in. All in all it was a great week end Most of the performers who had been at this festival in previous year said it was great this year as most years its so hot they could hardly stand it.

I did notice on Sunday that the stage which was advertised as being powered by solar energy on Saturday was assissted by a generator as Sunday was quite overcast.

The surfriders coalition was doing a brisk business selling sweatshirts.

Oh, by the way, this years theme was "Global Warming, You better sweat it", as it was, I was looking for a fleece...(This message has been edited by OldGreyEagle)

I think I'd have enjoyed walking around the festival with you.

The temperature gradient was impressive yesterday. With a high of 60 degrees in Pittsburgh, PA, and upper 90s in Tennessee and North Carolina, your experience would depend a great deal on which side of the line you were on. Living on the southern side, it's hard to imagine a cool day in August.