Back in Scouting after a 20+ year absence

Hi folks.

I began in Scouting in the south suburbs of Chicago in 1978, when I met a girl whose brothers and dad were active in a local troop. I was 18 years old, so became an assistant scoutmaster. Soon, my girlfriend and I became involved in Explorers, and I became the Post president. Worked at summer camp as the Aquatic Director in 1980. Once I turned 21 the next year, I was asked to be a Scoutmaster for a new troop that was just being organized. After I married, we moved to Arizona, and that ended my scouting career until now.

Assistant Scout Master - Troop 247 - Calumet Council - 1978-1980

Explorer Post President - Post 526 - Calumet Council - 1979

Pope Pius XII Award - Calumet Council - 1979

Bronze Bighorn Award - Calumet Council - 1979

National Camp School (Aquatics) - 1980

Aquatic Director - Kishwaukee Boy Scout Reservation - Calumet Council - 1980

Order of the Arrow - Michigamea Lodge 110 - called (tapped) out and Ordeal in 1980, Brotherhood in 1981

Scoutmaster - Troop 271 - Calumet Council - 1981-1983

I look forward to getting back into OA and the brotherhood of Scouting. My son is starting 2nd grade and will starting Cub Scouts this year. I plan on being involved on the committee and maybe next year when I know more about Cubbing, be a Den Leader. I am very sorry for my long departure from something that gave me so much enjoyment. Oh, and that girl whose family got me hooked on Scouting? We've been married for 21 years now and have a 13 year old and a 7 year old.

-Mike-