Photo of Scouts in CA at Ford's Viewing

Our local paper had a photograh of 4 Boy Scouts at Ford's casket at St. Margaret's Church at Palm Desert, CA in Saturday's paper.

I thought it was a very good shot. I couldn't find it anywhere on the internet except a Japanese english language site.

http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/international/americas/news/20061230p2g00m0in017000c.html

Did any one else see this?

Found this quote on CNN

Richard Routten of Hampton, Virginia

President Ford will always hold a special place in my heart simply due to the fact that he was an Eagle Scout, and when I received my Eagle Scout in April 1975 it is his signature that is on my certificate. Wherever I have lived, the framed certificate has hung in my house and I am very honored that I made Eagle Scout during his tenure as President.

===============================================

Actually, I think that's the case with me too! I'll have to check it out when I get home to see if I've got his signature on mine...

"It's the uniform trifecta!

BSA shirts, pants and oh my gosh, neckerchiefs on each of them!"

Well, yes, but...if you look close, one of the boys is wearing his MB sash, and has a folded OA sash on his belt. Still, they look pretty good.

I saw a note somewhere about the scouts at the service in Washington were acting as ushers.

On the CA photo, what I find interesting in the clearer shot in my newspaper is that the scout at the far left has his hair pulled back in a pony tail. Since my 17 year old son is in a long hair phase I'm saving this for the people who make negative comments.

• 1 month later...

I learned to not fret over hair on my kid the hard way. When I was a kid my parents used to make us get haircuts every 2 weeks. The barber was a great friend of theirs.

When I was 16 I stopped getting haircuts because they cost me too much money.

When I was 20 my brother and I started losing my hair, its a genetic thing. That has hit every generation.

I told me sons to enjoy it and get it cut when they feel right about it because they could lose it. However, they are both required to wash it every other day.

I just checked the link, and it doesn't work anymore, which isn't surprising.

My son's last haircut was a buzz 3 years ago this coming June. He usually washes it every day. When my hair was longer than his, the most I could go was 3 days, or I'd get a headache from the weight, the oil would catch dust, and it would get heavy.

His hair doesn't bother me, tattoos and piercings are a different matter, and although we don't judge people who have them, we don't want our kids getting them. This way he can push some peoples buttons, but not his own parents.