Vote Early, Vote Often!

Whatever your particular political stripe is, the day is upon us to exercise our right and duty as citizens/patriots to cast our ballots and thankfully put an ad to all of those political ads, junk e-mail and robo-phone calls.

Vote your conscience, but as for me, I'm voting against the current crop of bums more than I'm voting for anyone. Time to let a new group of crooks line up and decide if they will do the right thing or not.

I've listened to all the talking heads on the radio and TV try to convince me that their bums are better than the other sides bums, so go ahead and vote for the old bums because otherwise it would be worse than it is. Sorry, I don't buy that argument.

If we reelect the current crop, we know what we will get for the next several years. More of the same.

Time for a change.

Vote!!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the first election for my 18 year old daughter, away at college. Last month I asked her if she had requested an absentee ballot yet. She started to mumble something about inconvenience and I stopped her right there. I want her to develop the habit of voting and so I gave her "Father to Child Lecture #23: Our Responsibilities in a Participatory Democracy".

She got the message. Later, she called back to ask what I thought of the candidates ... ;)

Eagle Scout son spent 9 hours this weekend at local party offices doing "get out the vote" call bank!

My problem is I know both sides have crooks running for office. After all, Pendergast is part of Kansas City history!

The rule among my friends and family - if you didn't vote, you don't get to complain (or course we don't say complain, we use a bit more colorful language but you get the idea).

Voting is a priviledge, it is also a right, and more importantly, it is a responsibility. I'm very proud to say that I have never missed an opportunity to vote, not even in municipal or primary elections - I even pulled an absentee to vote in my municipal election back when I was away in college.

Having grown up in the Chicago area, I'm very familiar with voting early AND voting often.

Calico

I have been on the receiving end of too many calls from the Governor's office to tell me how to run my business. I have witnessed a Governor that has feathered his own nest by appointing his buddies to high offices with high salaries in return for their support. Needless to say their only talent has been their enormous arrogance. Politics breeds the ugly in people. I cast my vote as soon as the doors opened for early voting. I wanted to be first in line to show my utter disdain for what has been happening. I have had enough.

And I try to explain to my son (22 yearold daughter has already given up on politics) as we watch 'Liberty's Kids' how the electoral system works...and why his grummy and his mom and I am going to the polls to vote.

And I try to explain why George Washington (the original dubya) refused to even think about accepting the title "your Excellency", how he preferred "Mr. President". We went to Annapolis last year and watched a recreation of George Washington resigning his commission as Commander in Chief of the Continental Army to the Continental Congress. Very moving...

"...tip my hat to the new Constitution, take a bow to the new revolution, smile and grin at the change all around..."

Vote.

While you can.

I agree SSScout.

Trevorum, my daughter home from college, we stopped off at the voter registrar's office last Friday so she could vote early. Picked up a sample ballot. It'll be quick for me!

As SSScout implied, use it before we lose it.

I love American Politics!!

I miss not being "Back Home"and being active in doing more to select our leaders.

Still, I'll have a late night watching and seeing what happens.

We have some very tight races here in PA.

I'm not sure if change just for the sake of change is a good thing?

We spend a heck of a lot of money changing the machines that are used to vote.

While I think the world of our servicemen and women who are serving in Iraq, I was never for the war. I think maybe we are not doing such a great job of remembering the turn out in Iraq for their election. They risked a lot to turn out and vote. No fancy machines, just a paper ballot and a blue finger.

It very much looks like Tony Blair, is about ready to step down as Prime Minister. Sadly the Labour Party has moved so far to the center that it no longer is what it should be. But then again looking back to the days when the party was almost taken over by trotskyites, maybe it was time for a change?

Someone sent me an E-mail which stated that the election is held in November as November is a good time to pick a turkey?

I deleted it!!

Enjoy the election. But I bet 2008 will be more fun!!

Eamonn.

Well done everybody!...... Polite disagreement.

Calico knows the drill, ...... 'early and often' and remember everyone, the dead have as much right to vote as the next guy.

Republicans vote on Tuesday, Nov. 7 and democrats vote on Wednesday.

Good day.

(This message has been edited by Gonzo1)

I wonder why people vote for Democrats. When is the last time a Democrat made you feel good about yourself or your country? All they do is sling mud and poo-poo the other side. Negative, negative, negative. They want us to vote for them, so they can change the direction of the country?

Let's see - the market is at all time highs - Democrats want to change directions?

Unemployment is at an all time low - Democrats want to change directions?

Interest rates are very low - Democrats want to change directions?

We haven't been attacked by terrorists since 9/11 - Democrats want to change directions?

Hmmmm..... I think I will vote Republican.