Merry Christmast ACLU

Thanks for the input folks. The reason I used and stated personal experience was precisely because many municipalities and schools tend to blame the ACLU on virtually everything. I personally have a great disdain for misrepresentation and biggotry, both of which I found without short supply in some Texas communities, unfortunately. And even more unfortunate, both can be found virtually in every corner of this country to some degree, still.

I happened to be online this a.m. due to a frantic phone call from our current Eagle candidate. He of course needed one more paper trail, and was having trouble retrieving it. Afterward, I ended up at an associates house and the news was on. There, in all their popcorn glory, was a local unit being interviewed at the chanel 27 news station (I think that is either Warren or Youngstown, it may be Cleveland. Not much time for t.v. here - more computer, radio, print, and book people) at about 6:30 a.m. They were promoting our annual fund raiser, which is now. It caught my attention because it was a positive event, and as the media has been recently, positive appears out, while contentious appears in. Then it dawned on me the possiblility that my negative experiences with the ACLU are all past and deal in only one region. It has had me thinking all day. Back in the afternoon to get "one more paper trail for the panicking Eagle candidate (can we all say "be prepared" together? :-) and I cought up on this thread. Good post OGE.

Each of you have brought up some very good points. Some of our crew are looking into presenting an ethics and a diversity forum. This may be an opportunity to include the ACLU in some capacity, and have a more updated and more local version of what they are doing in our region. I hope it interests one of the crew!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonzo, to be honest I'm kinda surprised some other Christian in this thread didn't pick up on it, but April is the most sacred holiday of all - Easter.

Referring to your tree, of course. Realize that was awhile back.

Vicki(This message has been edited by Vicki)