History of the DRP

Does anyone know the history of the DRP (Declaration of Religious Principles) on the BSA application?

I talked to my 78 year old momma last night and asked her if she remembered it when she signed my up back in 1972. She says there was no such requirement. Momma might just not remember. So I ask those of you who know BSA history, when was the DRP added to the application? Was it after or in response to Dale?

I've always been bothered that it is in the "fine print" of the application at the bottom where the signature is and not a disclaimer big and proud at the top of the form. You know, like on an car lease where they get into the details on how much money you are gonna have to fork over at the end of the lease when you think you are done, they hit you with some hidden costs.

I started Scouting in 1957. The wording on the application was not very important to me. At that time, I believed that everyone went to the same church, so the DRP was not a problem. I was mainly worried about how to get Arrow Points. One kid had them way down past his CS belt. I was greatly impressed. Since we are on the subject, I never got more than three or four Arrow Points per badge, which only made them stretch to an inch above my belt. I suppose "moving on" was my motto. FB

Gern,

My internet access is rather limited here at work. I did a Google on the DRP and even though I can't get to many of the sites listed, it appears that the DRP came about in 1917. Google it. Now, whether it was just stated in their literature or on the registration form, I have no idea.