I've been following the GM news. Ronald Reagan would recognize the unseen hand and the magic of the free market. Perhaps when we stopped buying French (you know, back when the French were stupidly opposing invasion of Iraq), our patriotic duty extended to everything with a French name, like 'Chevrolet'. Or else, the abysmal quality also had an effect. Either way, the market is following free market/capitalistic (Darwinian) principles...heartlessly removing inferior competitors.

Doubtless, teaming up with Renault will cure GM's ills (LOL).

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

((Pant-pant-pant)) whew,,, gotta catch up...

*ahem*

"Reverence to God and reverence for one's neighbor and reverence for oneself as a servant of God, is the basis of every form of religion. The method of expression of reverence to God varies with every sect and denomination. What sect or denomination a boy belongs to depends, as a rule on his parents' wishes. It is they who decide. It is our business to respect their wishes and to second their efforts to inculcate reverence, what ever form of the religion the boy professes."

==Robert Baden-Powell, "Aids to Scoutmastership"

'Course, now, this ain't Amuricun Scout policy...(This message has been edited by SSScout)

packsaddle sez, ... Moreover, I think Darth Vader was a Presbyterian, "...join with me Luke, it is your destiny."

I had never thought about it before, but I guess that "Loo-tenant Dan" must have been a Presbyterian also ... ;)

Au contraire, no way was I equating Darth Vader to GM. If that had been the case, when the Empire tried to fire the Death Star at Alderon, brake fluid would have squirted backwards toward Tatuin or some other planet and the Death Star would have imploded in a cloud of rust leaving many angry retirees and stockholders. I was merely noting some famous and well-known Presbyterians.

BTW, thanks Trev.