Alas, I was camping at Conclave all weekend and will be at the troop meeting tonight during the game. But Scouting WAS my first passion before UCLA basketball! (As an undergrad I attended every home game for four years and never saw the Bruins lose!)

"We're looking over our dead dog Rover...!"

Same here.. troop meeting, I have 5 Scoutmaster Conferences to do tonight, so I can't bug out early.

When I signed on as SM, I asked the CC to not schedule the April Court of Honor until later in the month, so I could watch the Championship Game. She said OK - how 'bout that!

btw - my nephew attended UCLA and we went to visit him but I didn't get to see Pauly Pavilion.. darn doors were locked!

Hopefully it will go to double OT and I'll catch the last five minutes!!!!

Dad was BS Accounting, Class of '64, after retiring from the Army. We went to his graduation, where the Shah of Iran was the graduation speaker.

As for me, I'm a Gaucho from Santa Barbara, class of '78. I watch Bruin athletics (except swimming, there we Gauchos blow them away)...

We are Sons of Westwood,

And we hail the Blue and Gold;

True to thee our hearts will be,

Our love will not grow old.

Bruins roam the hills of Westwood,

By the blue Pacific shore;

And when they chance to see a man from USC,

Evry Bruin starts to roar.

U! (3 claps)

C! (3 claps)

L! (3 claps)

A! (3 claps)

U-C-L-A! Fight! Fight! Fight!

(repeat as needed)

http://www.uclahistoryproject.ucla.edu/Songs/SonsofWestwood.html

(and you can listen to the best American Fight Song too!)

"(As an undergrad I attended every home game for four years and never saw the Bruins lose!)"

In my 4 years at Notre Dame, my class never lost to the Bruins at UCLA (4-0, a record I believe will stand an awful long time). In the interests of full disclosure, UCLA did beat us twice in South Bend during that same timeframe (1976-80).

This is a hold your nose game for me, but I guess if I have to pull for one team, it will be the Bruins. Truth be told, I just want it to be a good game.

Speaking of records that will "stand an awful long time" ... how about 88 consecutive winning games? How about EIGHT consecutive NCAA Championships?! :)

(to be fair, it WAS Notre Dame that snapped the winning streak!)

That was 7 straight, 9 out of 10 and 10 out of 12, but in any case those are two records that will never be broken. It's been what, 30 years since anyone went unbeaten for 1 year (Indiana 1975-76, I believe), much less 2+ seasons,and you could never keep the team together for that long. The structure of the tournament with the balanced regionals won't allow anyone to ever come close either. Those were the days of one team per conference getting to the tournament and you only had to win 4 games to win it all for most of those years. West meant west, so the competition to get to the Final Four wasn't as tough, as say the Mideast, where the Big Ten Champ and the SEC Champ tended to knock each other off. All that being said, the Bruins took care of business whatever the competition and the only feats I can think of that are even comparable would be the Celtic's run and DiMaggio's hitting streak. Truly remarkable.

BTW, the last team to beat the Bruins before the streak was ND, and it was ND the Bruins beat to break San Francisco's record of 60 straight. I had forgotten that the win at Pauley my freshman year snapped a 98 game home win streak for UCLA. I miss those battles, and I view UCLA as a bitter rival, but one born of respect. Hope you can come back in the second half.

Thanks to Flordia's domination of last night's game, I won the "office bracket". My final four picks were Florida, UConn, Gonzaga, and Texas, with Flordia beating Texas.

I did pick the winner of it all!!!!