invite to Scouter chats?

Don't know if any of you would be interested - but I belong to an MSN group board on Boy Scouting that is trying to get up a Chat on Tues nights @ 9 pm central time. It is a small group - not nearly as active as this one.

But we thought it might be nice to get and online "Roundtable" going.

If any of you would like to join us - the address is:

http://groups.msn.com/BoyScouts/_whatsnew.msnw

you need a free msn, msn IM or hotmail account to access the "groups".

hope to see some of you there on Tues!

LauraT

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Troop_368_potlatch - as you can see, i have just recently discovered these forums as well as the msn chat group. In regards to your question, i too found no-one was ever in the chat room so i just picked a night and time to see what would happen. It seemed to work well for a few of us, so we just made it a regular. I think it would be great if you could get another nite (or day) going. Otherwise, pop a note over here and we'll join you! I think it's safe to say it's supported by users of this forum!

Sparkie

I had talked to one of the managers of the MSN group (AFTER I impulsively invited all of you SCOUTER.COM people to join us) and they are thrilled to have additional voices on their board and to see the chat room being used. They feel the two boards complement each other, as MSN has chat capabilities that Scouter doesn't and Scouter has resources they can't hope to match!

the Tuesday night is arbitrary - just a mutual night we picked - but it can be any night. If you want to find someone "live" though, on another nite - a few suggestions -

post on BOTH boards ahead of time when you expect to be there - and hang out for awhile.

you can open more than one window and keep the chat room "open" until someone shows up, while surfing in the other window while you wait - sometimes it takes awhile for people to drift in.

Keep time zones in mind, when choosing a time to meet

I'm gonna miss next tues chat - as we're leving on spring break, but will be back the following week -

happy Scouting!