The Politics of Scouting

... .... --- .-- --- ..-. ..-.

.. -. ... . .-. - ... -- .. .-.. . -.--

- .... .. -. --. -.--

Whether I am helping a boy learn to tie a knot, listening to his hopes and dreams in a scoutmaster conference, pinning his first badge on his shirt, or watching his joy in finally getting his tent pitched, I have to say the 'politics of scouting' are as far removed from my consciousness as they could be. Whatever 'political' stance BSA national may take it has very little consequence to my service. I serve youth within the context of scouting. Politics has nothing to do with that.

(This message has been edited by SemperParatus)

For all of you SHOW-OFF's, perhaps we should ask Scouter-Terry to start a Morse Code forum for you to hang out in. ;)

But then the Semaphore crowd will be begging for a special font and forum of their own.

Thank you for the correction EagleinNY, I knew I had a 50% chance of being right, but did not want to exit the forum to find a website that would tell me for sure. I guess if I were sending out an SOS, I would have actually sent an "OSO", which is Spanish for bear. Before I sent my earlier post, I did try to look up Morse code in my son's Scout handbook. In our book the index goes from Monkey Bridge to mosque, no Morse code.