Vote for Sale........................................Mine!

i believe that law was passed because it was considered racist because the entire purpose was to prevent African Americans from voting. This, in turn, continued to make them seem like second-class citizens with fewer rights than the Caucasions.

I feel you should have to pass some sort of test. Even if it is a short one and very simple it will still prevent some from voting. Hey, maybe they should have to explain shortly why they vote for who. Anything but "He's Republican or He's Democrat" would qualify.

I strongly disagree.

Universal suffrage means just that. Everybody over 18.

Who do you want to prevent from voting? People who can't read? People who can't speak English? People who wher born in a foreign country? People who think Jefferson was a running back? People who have an IQ lower than 75? People who commit immoral acts? People who wear white hoods? People who worship false gods? People who belong to fringe parties? People who think dangerous thoughts?

I think voter qualifications should be decided by the people, through their elected state legislatures. That way the values and traditions of each locality can be respected. This was how it was done for over a century until the federal government got involved and stuck its nose in like it does with everything else.

An old friend and fellow Beavah once told me "when in doubt, vote for gridlock." Split control at least will stop anyone from railroading an agenda through without debate.

I wonder if I can vote McCain-Lieberman in the next election?

I vote primarily Republican because that's the party that supports my 3 big issues: 1. Morality similar to my views

2. National Security

3. Lower taxes

There are some issues I disagree with in the Republican party, but I chose my 3 top issues, and went with them.

I'm not saying we should turn away uninformed voters, I'm just saying that we shouldn't make it easy for them. Make the ballots so that only the informed voters know what they are actually voting for. Those who don't know the issues or the party affiliation of their candidate can vote randomly.

That would be fine...and a lot better than many voters, especially the youngest (MTV set) and many of the oldest ones (there should at least be a test for dementia before a ballot is issued, regardless of age). If they "like his personality and trust him", that tells me they at least know who's running and why. To get a flavor for what I mean, tune in to the Sean Hannity radio show when he does his "man on the street" interviews in downtown Manhattan. These are the clueless people who are cancelling out your votes. They've NEVER HEARD of Cheney, Condoleeza, Colin Powell, or even Kerry, but they can quote the names and lyrics of 25 Rap songs. And most of them are recent high school graduates. Scary.

Admittedly, there are LOTS of clueless people in this world, and yes, some of them vote. However, I take issue with the concept that someone "cancels out" my vote. By that logic, the last election was decided only by 50,000 people in Ohio. The rest of us could have stayed home since we all cancelled each other!