Happy solstice to all!

Dan, sorry, you don't know anything about my attitude. If you read my post carefully, you'll note that I did acknowledge that Trev's intention was to pass along a joyful greeting, however, the point of my post was that you seemed annoyed that non-pagans had extended their own greetings.

What's fair is fair, if pagans are permitted to post a greeting, then others should be able to do so also.

And yes, I will admit to being cynical at times. There have been several instances where posters deliberately push other's buttons in order to provoke a response, and after seeing much debate on the Christmas greeting in other posts, I surmised there might be such a situation going on here. So, apologies Trev, as it would seem I've misinterpreted that...

So Dan/Trev, no cynicism intended ( Scouts Honor ) and sincerely, Happy Solstice to You Both!

Merry Christmas, all!

I've been practicing taking people at face value during this holiday season and not trying to attribute motives to them that may not apply. This has made life somewhat more peaceful for me. I may keep practicing even though it may have made be appear less intelligent at some times and more intelligent at others:

Happy Solstice to all!

I don't know how wishing someone this is following pagan beliefs! The 1st thing I thought of when I saw this was an episode of the children's show "Little Bear"! They celebrated the winter solstice & put out food for the animals! My 2 children watched this show when they were younger & I watched it with them & we enjoyed it!

Judy

Merry Orthodox Solstice to everyone!

The holiday called "Sol Invicti," or unconquered sun, in honor of the Syrian sun god, "Sol" was celebrated on 24th & 25th of December, which was when the winter solstice fell at one time.

By the fourth century, many Christians were referring to December 25 as the day of the "unconquered son," in defiance of the emperor. In 350 AD, Pope Julius I decreed that the nativity should be celebrated on the same day as all other sun gods, namely, December 25.

So happy Sol Invicti to y'all too!

Kudu

• 1 year later...

(Rather than starting a new greeting, I've resurrected our old one.)

A very HAPPY SOLSTICE to all!

As our sun once again lengthens his daily stay with us, may the coming year bring health and happiness to all my friends here on Scouter.com.

-trevorum

Trev & Dan,

Hope you both had clear skies and enjoyed the moon as well Thursday and Friday. It was big, bright and full here in NE Ohio. Yes we had a clear night in NE Ohio, a miracle.

Happy Soltice to you both, a belated Happy Hanukkah to my Jewish friends, Happy Holidays to others and Merry Christmas to all.

Eric