Fuel cost and supply - Acts of charity

I spun this one from the fuel price thread that is still active. I just learned that a couple of days ago, in response to the gouging that has been taking place here and there, the owner of a nearby regional chain (who has NOT been gouging) promised to donate all profit for the next few weeks to the Katrina hurricane relief efforts. The man's name is Stewart Spinks.

He even promised to open his books to an independent audit in case anyone doubted his convictions. I thought this was a great gesture and I wonder if anyone has heard of something similar?

I also learned that because Spinks nailed his margin at what it had been prior to Katrina, his action has not only kept his prices lower than most other stations, the others have been forced to keep theirs competitive, and gouging is almost impossible. Nice. Good news for this region, anyone else know of something similar?

I am glad to hear of such kindness! That is my God working through his disciples! I can tell you of many stories like this! There are many people in this region that are doing what ever it takes to help out. I can only hope that folks from all around this plentiful country of ours can trully realize what has happened here in South Louisiana. The devistation is vast! I am so glad you took the time to spin off a new thread. I just left the one you speak of. I was not happy with some of the things mentioned in the other thread! Please keep the Folks in this area in your prayers! What you see on the news is not only true but only a small part of what has happened. Southern Hospitality prevails!

Knotty Fox