A big, clueless Boy Scout

While I believe that there were some scouts who exhibited bad behavior at times (no doubt, I've seen it within my own troop), I believe this author saw what she wanted to see.

I, too, saw scouts on the way home from Jamboree. I saw a group at a rest area. The scoutmaster came over and spoke to a few boys in my troop (we were headed to WV and wearing our uniforms). I saw a troop from Illinois. The boys were from different races, and not 100% integrated. But they were trying to get along, even though it was obvious they were from different backgrounds. I saw others, just minding their business, traveling home after a long, hot event. Maybe it was that I saw them after the Jambo was over, but I saw nothing but great ambassadors in the scouts I saw.

As I said, you see what you want to see.

To Ms. Rood,

Have you seen American youth lately? Did the boys have ball caps on backwards? Did the crack of their butts show above their pants?

Scouts come from the society that breeds them. We all try to make them better but if Ms. Rood thinks we can make chicken salad from a society comprised of a certain amount of chicken sh%$&&TTTTTT then she is dead wrong.

But that's OK she comes from the "if it feels good do it" crowd.

How many kids have you helped Ms. Rood?

Ms. Rood I feel as though I wasted 4 years in the Marine Corps when I read your drivel. I have listen to Purple Heart receipients(doesn't look like I spelled that right)

quietly comment how young ladies were dressed at Arlington. I don't think General A.A Vandergrift cared. Or Merit Edson Or any of the other heroes that gave their careers or lives to defend her right to badmouth her country.

Your slanted feeble minded opinion has been noted.

She upsets me but doesn't change my mind.

The on going use of the label "Liberal" is simply a cheap shot that has run it's course, and in it's self disrespectful. As such, the author has proved her point. However, we all have souls that experiences life different from others, and we need to learn to listen to those souls even if thier viewpoints are different from our own...

LV