Puppy shoots man in self-defense

OGE,

You have a point. I vote for the gunny sack and lake method.

Ya know, we had an old mutt when I was growing up. She was a sweetheart. I got her the first day of first grade and we had to put her down due to cancer when I was a sophomore in college. My dad was raising 4 kids on a single paycheck and he saw spending money on pets as a luxury. Therefore, we never had old Chigger fixed. Everytime she went into heat, we did our best to lock her up. It rarely worked. She had 54 puppies over her lifetime. You can imagine I had a fun childhood with 54 puppies to play with. We gave every single puppy away free to good homes and never found the need to put a bullet in any of them.

Why is it a felony for this guy to do himself what the local animal shelter does 100 times a day. Is there a big difference to the dogs between the .38 and a needle?

Just because some of us may find this distasteful we're going to put this guy in jail? Don't get me wrong, people who torture animal or neglect them to the point of starvation deserve what they get. But millions of animals are killed every day. Does the method -- as long as it is quick and humane -- really matter?(This message has been edited by Twocubdad)

I'm not so sure how humane it would be to be locked up in a cage for 3 weeks waiting for death in the asphyxiation chamber. In my part of the country, farm animals raised for food by individual families are routinely killed with a bullet in the brain and no one is ever arrested and charged with a felony.