on my way to a geezer

Hey all...

Scouting was my life growing up. I was a Cub Scout (Arrow of Light) and a Boy Scout (Eagle). I was very active in OA (Vigil). I was an SPL in Troop 71 of the old Indian Trails Council and Lodge Vice Chief for the old Sassacus Lodge 10. All that being said...my true devotion was and is still to camping. I love everything about camping. I've done everything from Philmont and Okpic (Maine Winter High Adventure), to "camping" on the USS Massachusetts. My most vivid memories of my child hood are of troop campouts and my friends in scouts.

My "home" camp is J. N. Webster Scout Reservation and I've worked on the staff since 1987 and done kitchen, waterfront, Scoutcraft, and Program Director. Now that I actually have to work for a living, I don't have the ability to take the entire summer off to work at Camp (which I would), so I volunteer a week of Provo Scout Master during Eagle Week.

Anyway...good to meet you all.

- PETE

DP-

Welcome to the campfire and welcome to geezer-hood!

I wasn't involved in Scouting until my kids joined, but I love it now. In the true old-geezer fashion, my kids have grown up and moved out, but I'm still in Scouting. Something about these young lads coming up still makes you feel young, ok younger at least.

Stay involved;

YIS

bd

Welcome to the campfire. In defence of geezers, I take great pleasure in driving home the lesson to the boys that old people rule. I do this during a free dive competition. The cockier they are, the better. Most don't even make it to 20 feet. Don't know how much longer I'll be able to keep this going though.