Homosexuals in Scouting

The RC Church doesn't have a pedophilia problem. It has a preying on innocent teenage boy by homosexuals problem. I think this article speaks volumes about what would happen should the BSA let it's guard down and allow homosexuals to enter the organization in positions of influence over scouts. Now this issue would be both a moral and a safety issue.

NO FLAMES IN TENTS

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All the tents at the summer camp we attend are tattooed with "No Flames in Tent" 'nuff said.   Ed Mori Troop 1 1 Peter 4:10

Hunt writes:Again, some folks seem to have trouble distinguishing pedophilia from homosexuality.Hmm; quoting from "Man/Boy Love and the Gay Movement" by David Thorstad on the NAMBLA.org website:Pederasty is the main form that male homosexuality has acquired throughout Western civilizationThe first gay journal in the world - Der Eigene, published beginning in 1896 (one year before the formation of the first homosexual rights group, the Scientific Humanitarian Committee of Magnus Hirschfeld) - was a pederast and anarchist journal "for male culture"The liberation of children, women, boy-lovers, and homosexuals in general, can occur only as complementary facets of the same dream.Men and youths have always been attracted to each other, and, like homosexuality in general, their love is irrepressible.To paraphrase FOX News, "I report; you decide".

Fred Goodwin

Alamo Area Council

Patience...Patience...Homosexuals can't reproduce and so they will be unable to pass on their deviant values and behavior to a new generation in any great numbers. The 'homosexual lifestyle' fad fueled by the sexual revolution of the 1960s and hammered by the AIDs epidemic of the past two decades will slowly die off as they die off. Oh, there will always be some hanging around, but eventually they will go back into the closet. Unfortunately, you must suffer them during your lifetime...but your great granchildren will not.

I am curious..what is the BSA policy on transgenders?

"I am curious..what is the BSA policy on transgenders?"

I am not sure why, but I almost fell out of my chair laughing when I read that line. I guess it is because the idea of the BSA ever having to deal with such an issue seems so absurd.

My opinion is that such folks that would undergo a sex change are so far into the "twilight zone" that they would have absolutely no interest in Scouting.

But if it ever becomes an issue, you can be be sure that the great champions of the Constitution...yes that wonderful ACLU that is being so highly touted on other threads... will be right there to back them up.

A couple of years ago, I think the number of pages for a topic in this forum was limited partially by the amount of time it took for a 56K modem to download the file during a reply. Now, with widespread increased bandwidth, the limit seems to have grown with the bandwidth. I would have thought this thread was dead long ago.

WWBPD, If the transgender person remained heterosexual in practice, I assume BSA would have no problem. It would, however, be an interesting experiment to observe, any volunteers out there? I do see your point that defining 'heterosexual' in that circumstance might be a challenge for BSA.

However, I detect a curiosity about this in your question. When I was quite young, a man (who had been drafted into the Army shortly after the war ended) made headlines:

http://www.transgenderzone.com/features/ChristineJorgensen.htm

It's an interesting read. Later, I heard all manner of rumors about Christine. The link can also lead you to some other related, rather-detailed pages about the topic if you're interested.

Taking one step back, though, is a similarly interesting scenario, cross-dressing. There are heterosexuals who engage in this behavior:

http://tri-ess.org/

I assume that, as strict heterosexuals, while these individuals might not 'fit in' with many of our prejudices, they would still qualify for BSA leadership if they were so inclined. For all I know, they are already here and I just haven't noticed. H'mm.

WWBPD -

Homosexuals DO reproduce and far more often than one would expect. Their gametes are just as viable as ours.

Moreover, your prediction of a decline in numbers is not borne out by any study of world history or comparative anthropology. Homosexuals have been a constant presence in human societies for as long as we have records, oral history, or mythology. It is the acceptance or persecution of this b

They don't of course. But many homosexuals nonetheless father children the same way we do - by marrying women. This is what "the closet" was all about. Even more so, gay women have historically married and had children regardless of their natural orientation because they were not given any choice in the matter.

Trevorum,

Ok - thanks for the update. I thought the old man may have missed something when he explained the birds and the bees to me soooooo many years ago.

Now about those studies you mentioned...what is the reproduction rate of the current gay population of child-bearing years?

I am personally appalled at some of the comments made on this site. I mean, whether or not homosexuality is wrong, they are people too. All this hoping that they will be bred out of existence. People are acting as if they are an unwanted cancer, eating away at the fabric of society. BSA promotes the ideals of "love thy neighbor." And that is exactly what we should do. BSA doesn't discriminate on race, and even sex, as shown by our Venturing program, so why should we discriminate against homosexuals. Discrimination of any type is not "morally straight."

Some of us tend to think that the homosexual agenda IS one of the many forms of cancer eating away at our society. We've witnessed what a homosexual sub-society in the priesthood has resulted in. Look what some of those cancer cells have done to your thinking. In a past post you stated that you DO NOT believe that bestiality is evil. That one who has sex with a poodle is not evil. C'mon kid, rethink this one. Beastiality is evil. They can't be Scoutmasters either.(This message has been edited by Trail Pounder)

Sure, it's a fact that homosexuality was accepted and prevalent in other cultures and times. But I don't believe that fact in itself makes it right or acceptable. Human sacrifice was accepted in many cultures as well. Should that fact give us cause to re-think our position on that practice. Nope.

Homosexuality was openly accepted and practiced by a number of societies during Biblical times. The God of the Bible said don't do it. I tend to think that we should at least give some thought to His perspective on this and other subjects. He seems to know what He's talking about.

Trail Pounder, predictably, trots out the right-wing sound-byte "Homosexual Agenda" (if enough people say something often enough, does that make it true?) as if there were a nefarious cabal of people who are conspiring to make him stop treating them as second class citizens. A secret agenda to not be hated? Prejudicial discrimination of any minority on the basis of their biology is simply wrong. Would you also have us loathe people who have AB- blood type? Is being born polydactylous a " cancer" on society?

WAKWIB then somehow tries to draw an analogy between biologically caused homosexuality and a strictly cultural behavior, human sacrifice. The comparison is fundamentally flawed for obvious reasons. But thank you for acknowledging the historical continuity of homosexuality. That goes a long way towards recognizing that it is a biologically mandated trait and not some "lifestyle" chosen by the morally decadent.

And please understand that whether of not homosexuality is accepted or proscribed by your theology is irrelevant to anyone who does not share your religion. (What would your reaction be to someone who said [insert behavior here] is wrong because Loki said so.)